/dist/images/branding/favicon

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Hugh Bell, Jun 29, 2012.

1. David Pope

David Pope New Member

Hey all- Dave here with CineRotor Aerials. We are located in Minneapolis. I'm glad to have found this forum. I built our CS8 about 7 months back. MK stack; both CS 2, and 3 axis gimbals. --been making sweet sweet love to it ever since. The Cinestar airframes are damn-near bulletproof. I'm looking forward to learning from and participating in this forum.

keep the shiny side up

2. Bastien Carrillo

Bastien Carrillo New Member

Hi all,

I'm Bastien from WaspView Aerial imaging, located in Switzerland. Just got a cinestar 3 axis and I'm ready to mount it on a DJI S800. I'm happy to have found this forum and will look for nice informations, tips and tricks from other users, and will help when I'm able to!

3. Mark McGuire

Mark McGuire Distributor

Hi Mark here, from HexiCam Aerials, Ireland/ Canary Islands, just breaking into the CineStar world at the moment & looking forward to much improved results, been into building & filming with multi's for a couple of years, still a lot to learn....,& this looks like the best place for that!!

4. Richard Gillette

Richard Gillette New Member

Hi, I’m Richard Gillette. I live in the Seattle area. Just started to get into this 4 or 5 months ago. Want to do it full time. Already learning a lot from you pros. I’ve built my own hexacopter. Love the Cinestar products but don’t own yet. Will gladly take any advice offered. See my example of "no carbon, no gimble, no FPV"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=LT7YcFmm90o

5. Mitch Firchau

Mitch Firchau New Member

How's it goin?, im mitch, i work for FreeFly systems. love seeing the products i build do extraordinary things!

Tabb Firchau likes this.
  6. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Mitch! Awesome job with EVERYTHING!!! You guys up there are amazing! THANK YOU!

Josh

7. Marc BRACELET

Marc BRACELET Active Member

All my respect and a big big thank you, you have made our dreams come true...

Marc

8. Nick Kolias

Nick Kolias Moderator
    Staff Member

Guys, Mitch can put mounts together blindfolded with one arm tied behind his back faster than lady gaga can take off a meat dress. He knows this stuff inside and out and he's one *hell* of a cool dude.

nick

9. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

It's true! Mitch is a gimbal building machine. He is also getting pretty good on flying the micro quad around the shop so we all better keep on our toes

10. Wayne Mann

Wayne Mann Member

Hi Guys,

My name is Wayne Mann. I am from Greensboro, NC. I own an operate HeliCam Aerial Media Services. I have been in R/C Helicopters for almost thirty years and we have been strapping cameras to these things for about eight years. I recently decided that it was time to dive into the Multi Rotor enviroment to add another tool to my business and hopefully reduce the amount of stress that helicopters can create via their complexity and ill temperment. :( So, I am in the middle of a Cinestar 8 build which I look forward to finishing and putting into operation. I am sure that I will have some questions for some of you seasoned Multi Rotor experts.

Wayne
    www.HeliCamHDmedia.com
    336-339-9205

11. Nick Kolias

Nick Kolias Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey Wayne, good to see you here, man. These multi rotors are a kick in the pants. And these cinestars are just outstanding. I think you're going to love it. Please keep us posted.

nick

12. Wayne Mann

Wayne Mann Member

Thanks Nick. Will do.

Wayne

13. John Cunningham

Nick, are you saying you love a kick in the pants ?. I'll oblige next time I'm in the vacinity :eek:

One of my main functions when I'm in the Freefly office is keeping Gimbler Mitch in line and teaching him how to throw a basket ball.

14. Morgan Friedland

Hello. My name is Morgan Friedland. My wife and I own a IT consulting company in the Seattle area. We just purchased a Cinestar 8 with 3 axis gimble kit and have just started our build. The equipment will be for our new Aerial videography business. Already have a few gigs lined up but am patiently/nervously watching the FAA spin their propellers. We shall see. In the meantime we look to become proficient with the technology and flying the rig. Been spending a lot of hours with the mQx quad.

Thanks to all the pros who have laid down the foundation so far. Hopefully we can contribute as much in the future.

Morgan Friedland
    Aero Aspect

Tim likes this.
  15. Nico Turini

Nico Turini New Member

Hello everybody,

I'm living in Paris in France and I own a Cinestar6 with a CS gimbal. I'm coming from aerial RC helicopter world since some years (working with a MaxiJoker), and I can say that it was not an easy decision to go from helis to multirotors. But Freeflysystems are great products, and it is now done since one year with no regret! With other friends here in France, we have a lot of projects to do, and we are waiting for the Radian stabilization now ;).

16. Hello everyone! My name is Brian and I live in Los Angeles. I'm currently researching information on multi-rotor copters and will be building a CineStar 8 within the next two months. I'm looking forward to learning from all your posts! :)

17. Guilherme Barbosa

Guilherme Barbosa Distributor

Ola to all from Brazil
    here is Guilherme, or Caju if you prefer, we just built a company specialized in Multirotors and low altitude aerial images ( I do belive that's the correct description; of what all of us do) I do prefer the description: enjoing great places, meeting nice people and capturing moments for live, through diferent angles .....
    Here to learn and share, really happy to be amoung you all, and distributing a great product as Freefly Products
    Thanks Tabb and Megan for the great attention so far

18. Nick Kolias

Nick Kolias Moderator
    Staff Member

Right on!

19. Tim

Tim New Member

Aloha! I am based in Seattle and work often in S.F. / Silicon Valley and have a nature retreat on the Big Island of Hawaii. Currently, I work in new media technology, often producing strategies for real-time events, social TV studios, etc. I am really interested to meet up with Seattle area folks to get more knowledge about flight systems and hacking on some cool projects. In Seattle I have invested in the visual system at Fred Wildlife Refuge. We have a 20X50ft HD Video wall and events space. Contact me if you are in Seattle or just want to connect with skype. We can blow up footage on our visual system and share some new media ideas.

20. Nick Kolias

Nick Kolias Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Tim, there's a good number of folks in Seattle with these things now. And of course, Tabb, who started it all, is here too!