/dist/images/branding/favicon

Power Ideas

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Tim Naylor, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Tim Naylor

Tim Naylor New Member

I've bought an Ignite Power adaptor. It's an adaptor that slides into the Mpro battery socket and connects to a D Tap in. I just hook that up to a batt plate. Beautiful build. I'm running it off Gold Mount batts mounted to a Gyro Vu Gold Mount plate with a 30mm clamp. It's tight. Now that the battery isn't on the gimbal it allows for bigger or lighter builds. And since it feeds directly to the the Movi pro batt slot, there are no issues of cable twist when you go inverted.

But my concern is worst case scenario: running two motors (FI) and Alexa Mini off the gimbal D taps at high speed (90FPS +).

So I'm thinking of mounting a Gyro Vu batt plate via 25mm clamps off the "elbow" bend in the one of the two pan bar tubes. And then running a Mini power cable directly to camera. I'd then leave the motors, monitor, gimbal and wireless HD to run off the Movi power outs.

It would add an extra pound and quarter of weight to the rear of the pan bar which wouldn't hurt.
    Does anyone see a problem with this proposition?

Thanks

This is the plate:
    https://www.gyrovu.com/product-page/anton-bauer-battery-plate-for-dji-ronin-m

2. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Hi Tim,

I'm happy to hear the power adapter is working for you, and thanks for the kind words on the build quality.

You shouldn't have any trouble running the Alexa Mini, two motors, and high frame rates with the power adapter as well as powering the MōVI Pro.

We have been happily running, the Alexa Mini, Teradek Bolt 2000, RT Motion with two motors, at high frame rates, hand held, and mounted to the car (aka poor mans tracking vehicle) without any issues as yet.

Cheers

Chris.