/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro FIZ motor Compatibility

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Justin John, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Justin John

Justin John Member

What lens motors are compatible with the Movi Pro ?

Cinegears ?

2. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

+1 to cinegears question.

3. Chris Fanning

Chris Fanning Member

RT Motion motors?

4. Veve Borimov

Veve Borimov Member

The motor cable for the MoVI Pro is a Molex Microfit to 7 pin 1B straight lemo so pretty sure it'll be same motor compatibility as the Wedge.

The RTmotion motors are 4pin and have a different interface unfortunately requiring their receivers... Receivers in plural because they're cooking an upgrade for the Lattitude range.

5. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

1. Does the Pro have an integrated follow focus? It doesn't seem entirely clear from the video or the description in the Freefly shop (the shop uses the word FF "Controller").
    2. MoVI Pro has an integrated Focus / Iris / Zoom driver. So using the movi controller (and in the future the MIMIC) users can control FIZ with either external motors, or via RED RCP with lenses with internal motors
    3. It is assumed that the FIZ built into the MoViPro is similar in tech to the Freefly Wedge. However, does it have any additional capability to run other types of motors?
    4. FIZ can run popular (non brushless) motors like Heden, Redrock, etc
    5. Can the receiver unit be programmed to communicate with popular hand units already owned by operators? I, for one, own an RT Motion and would love to be able to give the hand unit to an AC without also having to give them a MoVi Controller, particularly if there's already a Remote Operator.
      1. Not at this time

6. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

Only big question I feel tabb deflected on is that last part. "Not at this time. . . ." I have heard that's the answer they would give people asking about tube extension kit for m10. Might as well respond "when we decide making you guys happy is worth nullifying our flagship products."

However sensible it is from freefly standpoint tho, I will be pressing tabb when he awakes to tell me they just won't support other FIZ controllers. Which, of course, is lame. Unlike the second movi controller I now likely must purchase, which is the opposite of lame, so I guess I'll be ok.

7. Timm Stemann

Timm Stemann New Member

The Chrosziel CDM-100M is compatible with the MoVI Pro integrated FIZ controller. It is as well available as a kit with 3x Motors (CDM-100M-KIT) with a 5-6% price advantage. And they are super lightweight and have less then 5 x power consumption important for battery life.

8. Zach Rockenstyre

Zach Rockenstyre New Member

Add me to the list of squeaky wheel RT motion lovers who want full integration of bush pilot, smart motors, mk 3.1 hand unit, thumbwheel, smart knobs, movi controller, etc for freedom of choice and flexibility on set whether it's a one man band, movi team, or single op with AC and based on everyone's preferences. I'm sure drone peeps would appreciate this as well, but I'll let them speak for themselves.

9. Amr Issawi

Amr Issawi New Member

We are using cine lenses as master prime , ultra prime , cooke and alura now are those compatible motors ( redrock micro , PD movie & heden ) capable of driving such lenses with no problem ??
    is the cine gear motor compatible with fiz drive ?

10. Timm Stemann

Timm Stemann New Member

The CDM-100M is fully compatible with those lenses. In case of a stiff serviced lens we suggest to use the small lens gear instead of the big gear (both are included in the scope of delivery). When Matthew Duclos was checking them out, he felt very comfortable about them.

Brandon Obey likes this.
  11. robmneilson

robmneilson New Member

Some dumb questions here:

To use the Redrock Microremote with the Movi Pro controller am I plugging the motor, or the base station into the F(itz) port? '

What is the cable connector for that on the movi end? I assume this one (just not sure if its the right pin setup on the lemo end for the motor/basestation): http://www.aerialprofilms.com/freefly/mvi-pro-lens-motor-cable

12. Timm Stemann

Timm Stemann New Member

You want to connect the base station to the power out of the Movi Pro, probably best a D-Tap power cable.

13. Ahmad Jafar

Ahmad Jafar New Member

Anyone have a suggestion for a thumb wheel control to pair with the Chrosziel CDM-100 plugged into the integrated Movi Pro FIZ base?

14. Timm Stemann

Timm Stemann New Member

Let me investigate into that option with our Chrosziel MagNub thumb wheel. As a work around for now, you could use the CDM-100 with the MagNum FIZ controller and the MagNub. (By the way, you can check out the CDM-100M at CineGear at the AbelCine booth this weekend).

15. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

are you using a support vest?

If so, use the bush pilot as graham did in another thread. If not, your strong lol.

The only other one that interested me was redrocks navigator, due out in october last i checked,

16. Joshua Coté

Joshua Coté Member

What about Preston motors? Will those work with MōVI Pro/Movi controller?

17. Benjamin Granet

Josh, as most of the motor with Preston are Heden you should be able to use them. But you have to make sure they are.

18. Ahmad Jafar

Ahmad Jafar New Member

Sorry to kick up the dust on this thread.

But I've actually gotten used to using the Tilta Nucleus M.

Is there any way to connect the bush pilot to the mimic and then operate the motors?

At the moment the freefly motor cable doesn't plug into the nucleus m motors so I'm wondering if there's a work around.

19. Timm Stemann

Timm Stemann New Member

The Nucleus M has a 7 pin connector which inherits power and serial communication. The Freefly uses the standard motor protocoll which uses 6 pins for Encoder values, encoder power and motor power. In summary this will not work. You would need some electronics inbetween to translate the signals from standard motor protocoll to Tilta protocol.

20. Ahmad Jafar

Ahmad Jafar New Member

A
    Aah, figures. You get what you pay for I suppose!

Good to know i would need a separate system to use the MōVI controlsz