/dist/images/branding/favicon

Case for Movi Pro

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by SeBaStIaN BArrEtT, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Mike Hechanova

Mike Hechanova New Member

For anyone considering Jason's Compact Case solution, just wanted to let you know that I was able to neatly fit a total of 6 batteries and 2 chargers into the case with everything else. I simply took the foam cubes that freely sells the batteries in and four of them stack nicely in the middle of the cage. Having only 2 battery slots was my biggest concern about getting this case cause I didn't want a separate bag or case for batteries when I already have to transport the ring separately. Wish I could fit 8 but this is already more than I thought it'd hold. Best part is fully loaded, the case is only 27 lbs!

Thanks Jason. My back appreciates it

Attached Files:

2. Dale McCready

Dale McCready Member

I'm super happy with the case that I got from you. Fits my Movi Pro beautifully. Done my own custom case foam for accessories through Pelican. That way I can fit my particular accessories. So this works really well.

Using a cymbal bag for the Ring with just the handle off the top. I'm also thinking of deisgning a dovetail part for the handle and maybe some new hinged feet so that we can snap them on and off easily for transport if anyone's interested.

Mark Hoffman and Samer Aslan like this.
  3. Jason Comparetto

Jason Comparetto Active Member

Thanks Dale. We appreciate hearing your feedback. :)

4. Dylan Glockler

Now available and looks promising and lighter: https://www.jasoncases.com/store/product/movi-pro-case/

It says it holds 'landing gear' - I hope that means the aerial landing gear and not referring to the built-in stand on the ring. I'm looking at upgrading from the m5 to the PRO and would love to be able to box the kit fully assembled and have the aerial landing gear packed.

5. Jason Comparetto

Hi Dylan,

Yes the landing gear will fit nicely inside of this case. Thanks!

Dylan Glockler likes this.
  6. Chris King

Chris King New Member

Jason, we have a shoot coming up on 4/21 where we will need proper case. Possible to get one of your Movi Pro cases by then ?

7. Jason Comparetto

Yes, that timeline should work if you order soon. I would definitely put your order in ASAP, because we ship our orders in the order they were received. If you have a specific date that the case needs to arrive by, just indicate that in the order details or send us an email after placing your order. We will tag the order with that date, and try to make every effort to ship by that date if possible

8. Chris King

Chris King New Member

Thanks Jason, I'll send in an order tomorrow and if you guys can make it happen that will be great.

9. anthonysneed

anthonysneed Member

Freefly was gracious enough to allow a return on the case as part of their bundle. It cost me $300 to ship back though so I was happy that they were accommodating. Not many companies would do that so much respect to them for being cool.

I bought the Jason Cases case and I'm really satisfied with it.

I also realized that after shooting with the Movi Pro for the last few weeks that I like to build my rig and just bring the ring with me on my lap. If I was to fly or really travel that's when I'd bust out the case.

10. Josh Park

Josh Park Member

Just finished a 2 week documentary job with my Movi Pro setup with my own case. The case held like a champ, the minimal size made the producers happy, and my equipment stayed safe. I took some photos for you guys, take a look.

IMG_2562.JPG IMG_2561.JPG IMG_2563.JPG
    FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender 2.jpg

So far I'm super happy with it. It takes some learning curve on how to put the case together (almost like lego pieces) but once you know it, it maximizes the space as much as possible and I can fit a lot for a small form factor.

For those who are looking to purchase one, hope this helps!

11. Mike Moghaddam

Hi Josh,

I really like that little bag with all those compartments with cables. Where did you get that?

Thanks,
    Mike

12. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

13. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

another question Josh
    , do the stickers on your pelican case and bags stay on there for a long time? If so, what sticker printer and stock paper are you using?

Thanks!

14. Josh Park

Josh Park Member

Right on with the link! I just removed that metal hook and using it as is.

All my labels are just PTouch label printer from Brother. The key is to paste them on parts where the label will be scratch free from Pelican cases, hence where the case is caved. For the bags, I just super glued them.

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT likes this.
  15. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

I figured it was p touch. Extra strength? i think i will try that