/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro and mimic wont bind + bluetooth denied

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Florian Klaes, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Florian Klaes

Florian Klaes New Member

Hey guys, contacted the support but still got no reply - until then, maybe you guys know what to do.

The movi pro wont connect to the mimic.

Mpro has the green-status – mimic has the red status. bind does nothing - no matter which channel for booth.

And either the movi pro nor the mimic connects to my android samsung galaxy s6 edge smartphone via bluetooth – my smartphone says mimic/mpro connection denied.

Restarted the phone and deleted any cache – other bluetooth things work.

HELP!

Looking forward to your reply.

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Florian, if you leave the Mimic stationary lying on a table while you turn it on, will the status eventually turn green after a few seconds? Curious why it's still red.

Are you connecting your Samsung phone via the Movi Pro app? Not the original Movi app and not through the bluetooth settings?

3. Florian Klaes

Florian Klaes New Member

For some reason i just have been able to connect the mpro with the mimic - nothing has changed...but suddenly it works.
    The Status on the mimic still is red though...

Testing only the mimic without antenna so i dont swamp the signals...

Sometimes the Mpro drifts on the pan-axis (outer achsis) while connected to the mimic + there are certain angles/degrees where the mimic starts shaking and is going crazy... i wonder if that means it is not perfectly balanced and the motors cant handle the torque?!

For the bluetooth: i go via the app - allow the app to enable bluetooth and search for nearby devices - see the mimic and get denied by the mimic.
    Even if i go via the bluetooth settings alone, without the app.

Wonder if that is a bug in the mimic or my phone?!

Another thing: when mounting the mpro upside down on my rigwheels cloudmount (with ninja star and toadinahole)
    No matter what i have to turn the mimic upside down aswell... i am really confused and desperate over this... when doing car to car shoots with the mpro mounted on a car roof i dont want to hold it in weird angles...or upside down or have to face backwards in the car...

should i try the beta software to correct those things - is there any help?

Is there a way to block the roll achsis?
    especially on car 2 car shoots i generally want to stay 100% in level/ horizontal.

Can i update the firmware by sd-card or something?

4. Graham Futerfas

Can you please confirm that the app on your Samsung S6 is named Movi Pro, and not Freefly Movi?

5. Florian Klaes

Florian Klaes New Member

thanks now it is... the one i got is for the "older" movis?

Got 5 mistakes and stuff to calibrate...

6. Florian Klaes

Florian Klaes New Member

Thanks to Graham again for the help with the app and update guide for the beta. That safed me a ton of time - so huge thanks again.

So the mimic works more or less with the movi pro now.

The ps4 controller works aswell...but again having the mpro upside down still is weird...and doesnt work for me propperly...
    Mimic looks pan wise off - i mean it is synced but looks in a different area than i face while operating?!
    To have the camera working upside down..i have to rotate the mimic upside as well but that switches the achsis for the roll and tilt into the opposite aswell which is weird...

The ps4controller only has a certain, very limited range of tilt rotation and does not allow the full potential compared to controlling the gimbal via mimic...with the controller i cant look straight ahead...tilt is limited to like doing maybe 90° degrees of rotation can look down (floor) and into the back, "into" the mpro, but not forward.

And also the mimic still is on red status with like 4-5 mistakes - see the following image -
    http://imgur.com/a/Xm8WV

on the "boot" area there are like 3 different mistakes switching between each other.. no matter what..even when resting the mimic the whole time.

Send back to my dealer in germany and get a replacement for the faulty mimic??

7. Graham Futerfas

Hi Florian, can I ask, why do you have the camera upside down? When you do a Roll Flip, and have the Toad in the Hole connection underneath the camera, the camera should still be right side up.

8. Florian Klaes

Florian Klaes New Member

Hi Graham, that is a thing i just found out while watching Shane Hurlbut and Chris Herr unboxing their movi pro.
    So that situation is solved - thanks.

And sadly the rest remains as it is and the support is pretty slow in replying...waiting since last tuesday for a reply...

9. Ivan Robles Mendoza

Ivan Robles Mendoza New Member

I am hearing you, same problems here. Status still red, error in giro, acceleration, battery, altitude etc. my mimic binds (sometimes) but as soon as i put it on mimic mode, the movi starts moving and giggling wierd, no matter if the mimic is on a tripod or just in my hands. Also tried out without antenna, beeing far from the mövi, between different rooms, with the old firmware and the new one the result is always the same and in my case, i have never seen till now the status icon beeing green.
    After two emails, one on Saturday the 11 and on wednesday, there is no answer from support.

10. Florian Klaes

Florian Klaes New Member

I contacted my dealer in germany and they said i have to send the mimic in for a return - but i have to wait for like 2-3 weeks for a replacement... since freefly is struggling to keep the supply chain up...
    They told me they allready had 2 of those faulty mimics reported by costumers...

11. Ivan Robles Mendoza

So i must be one if the other two guys, i will send it also back today. They wrote me a couple of minutes ago. Arrrrrgh

12. Thorge Horstmann

Thorge Horstmann New Member

hey florian,

i'm also from germany and i got my pro from avt+.
    and it seems, i got the same mimic problem. i have four warnings on the monitor screen, but it all works fine. also the movi shows good status connection, but the mimic shows no status at all, but is working fine with the movi. it's strange. i thought it could be a problem with beta software, but with the new software it was the same.
    do you already got your new mimic, and are there differences?

13. Florian Klaes

Florian Klaes New Member

i have to send everything in...mimic and movi pro...not happy about it..but that is the only solution... it is not a problem that only we both got...there are a number of people having this...

14. Ivan Robles Mendoza

15. Ivan Robles Mendoza

Thay just send every single damaged movi to germany! Big thanks!