/dist/images/branding/favicon

Sony FS7 Start/Stop Trigger - Mimic?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Chris Benny, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Chris Benny

Chris Benny New Member

Hi everyone.

I have the Freefly LANC cable connected to the CAM port and then plugged into the camera (Sony FS7) and am trying to get the Start/Stop function working on the Mimic/PS4 Gamepad. Unfortunately I cannot get it to trigger. Am I missing something simple here?

Is the FS7 supported?

Update! Got it working:
    I had to use my Movi Controller and change the Camera Type to LANC and save that setting. Now the Mimic will trigger the camera!
    Unfortunately on the current firmware the only way to get this changed is with a Movi Controller. They have said that it will be updated in a future firmware.

Cheers,

Chris.

#1 Chris Benny, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  2. Samer Aslan

Samer Aslan New Member

Hi Chris, which cable is that? do you have a link!? I would like one for the the FS7 and one for my C300MKii if it exist! I saw that Freefly have 2 cables lanc controll so I want to be sure which one to get!
    Thanks

3. Chris Benny

Chris Benny New Member

Hey Samer.

This is the cable i'm running - https://store.freeflysystems.com/collections/movi-pro/products/movi-pro-lanc-serial-cable
    But it doesn't seem to be working. Not sure if I have to assign a channel for it, but I can't find anything about it in the manuals.

My universal start/stop cable that runs to the Movi Controller receiver works fine with my Movi Controller, but I would like to be able to trigger from the Mimic / PS4 Gamepad too.

Samer Aslan likes this.
  4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Currently, that cable only works with the Movi Controller, not the Mimic. In your link to the Freefly Store, it mentions this in the description (though it might be good of them to say it doesn't work with the Mimc, because several people have missed that point).

Samer Aslan likes this.
  5. Chris Benny

Chris Benny New Member

Thanks Graham.

I thought in the latest firmware update (beta) they added generic support for most cameras with this cable. Bummer.

6. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I haven't upgraded to the 1.2 Beta since I'm on a shoot this weekend and want to wait until I have some spare time. According to the release notes, under Mimic v1.1.2:

» New Feature: Generalized ability to start stop record. Previously it was only compatible with RED RCP. »

https://freeflyeng.s3.amazonaws.com/MoviProv1_2/assets/v1.2-beta-release-notes.pdf

Not sure if that means LANC control or not. Are you using firmware version 1.2 that was released this last week?

7. Chris Benny

Chris Benny New Member

Yep, running 1.2 Beta.

I guess I was just hoping that included Lanc control. Really hope they enable it soon. Very frustrating not being able to trigger it.

8. Chris Benny

Chris Benny New Member

Would anyone have any more info? I have emailed Freefly support with no response...

9. Chris Benny

Chris Benny New Member

Hey everyone.

I was contacted by freefly and found a solution. At the moment the only way to change the trigger type is with the Movi Controller.
    I had to use my Movi Controller and change the Camera Type to LANC and save that setting. Now the Mimic will trigger the camera!
    Unfortunately on the current firmware the only way to get this changed is with a Movi Controller. They have said that it will be updated in a future firmware.

10. Gianluca Pace

Gianluca Pace New Member

Hey everyone. Has the firmware been updated to allow this change without a Movi Controller please? Thanks!

11. Josh Park

Josh Park Member

If you have a Mimic Pro, you can change the camera type setting. Take note neither of “Sony LANC” or “Sony Multi” will work with FS7. Set the mode to “Canon” and it works somehow.

Gerfried Guggi likes this.
  12. Gianluca Pace

Gianluca Pace New Member

I have the mimic and bush pilot that came with the Movi Pro. Just not the controller :) So it is now possible to change LANC settings from within the mimic alone?

13. Josh Park

Josh Park Member

Sorry I misspoke. You can now change camera type settings from the smartphone apps.

14. Gianluca Pace

Gianluca Pace New Member

Oh thats so awesome! Thank you Josh :) Looking forward to getting used to the MoviPro system!

15. Gerfried Guggi

Gerfried Guggi New Member

oh that‘s great you found out! was trying several times without success ... will try end of week

16. Gianluca Pace

Gianluca Pace New Member

Yeah it works here with the FS7 with no Remote needed. Crashed a few times till it accepted Canon but once it did it was all good :) Thank You all