/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro with Sony F55 + R7 recorder

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by James Layton ACO, Mar 5, 2017.

1. James Layton ACO

James Layton ACO New Member

I'm starting a feature film soon which was, originally, going to be shooting on Alexa Mini. We're now looking at Sony F55's with the R7 XOCN recorder, which is the same size as the RAW recorder.

Does anyone have any experience using F55's with recorders on a Movi Pro? I think Super Speeds are the most likely lenses with Arri WCU-4 LCS and lightweight motors (focus and iris as standard, and maybe a third motor if using Angenieux lightweight zooms - 15-40 and 28-76 - on vehicle mounts / black arm etc)? I would also need to use a lightweight matte box e.g. Arri LMB-5 or 15.

Thanks in advance.

#1 James Layton ACO, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  2. Mike Reid

Mike Reid Member

3. James Layton ACO

James Layton ACO New Member

Thanks Mike. I've been told about their bits being pretty essential. Do you know whether it's still possible with a recorder built on to the back of the F55? I was told the Movi Pro could handle the weight easily enough but the length may be the issue, i guess.

4. Mike Reid

Mike Reid Member

You'll be able to make it work. I have used the f55 on a pro with a bunch of different lenses that were pretty heavy. As long as you can put a bit of counterweight on the back it will work great. There is a great 3D printed matte box from abracam that is a great alternative to the normal list of clip one as well.