/dist/images/branding/favicon

Running Battery Plate off Pan Bar

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Tim Naylor, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Tim Naylor

Tim Naylor New Member

I'm still trying to figure out the best power configuration for my M Pro. While I'd love to power everything off the MP batteries, I just see way too many battery changes throughout the day. I was toying with the idea of alltaching a gold mount plate to the pan bar and running a power cable to the camera. Gyro Vu makes a CF batt plate with 25mm clamps that should be able to attach without a problem. It should also give a bit of weight on the rear of the pan bar to help counter balance heavier builds.

Has anyone done this yet? Any issues?

2. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Hey Tim,

Have a look at this thread http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/mōvi-pro-power-adapter.8891/

We have built a power adapter that lets you run the MōVI Pro, and camera all from any 12-24V power source, so V-Lock, Gold Mount, LIPO, car, Cine VCLX batteries ....

We typically run with a V-Lock on the handle bar to power everything, and one MōVI Pro battery on the gimbal, which enables us to hot swap V-Lock batteries all day long.

Our pre orders just shipped out this week and I will be updating the photos on our website with the production models, which I have in my hand at the moment ;) on Monday. You can check them out at our store

Here is what the production versions are looking like 2017-02-24 13.56.31.jpg

Available with a D-Tap cable, EC3 connector or a LEMO 2B.302 or LEMO 2B 303 socket and fly leads.

Cheers

Chris

3. Tim Naylor

Tim Naylor New Member

This looks great. Just have a question about the power out connection. What is the connection? I have a gold mount plate with 30mm clamp with d tap out. Does it come with a connection for that? If not, what cable do I need?

4. Ben Kanegson

Ben Kanegson New Member

Hi, since the 12v source to the Pro Power converter is not on the moving part of the gimbal, what is a recommended flex power cable and where can that be sourced?

Also, which port or optional ports offer highest current out?

Thank you.

5. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Hi Tim,
    There are a couple of option. I have been building custom cables to suit for different people.

The power adapter can come with a 50cm D-Tap fly lead built in which is a good length to reach a battery mounted on the handle bars or cage. Otherwise I can provide it with just any connector you would like on the fly lead.

The next option which is really good if you want to use different connectors, is a LEMO 2B.302 or 303 socket built into the power adapter. With that I can then provide cables to suit different powering options, and you just choose the cable/connector you want for the job (XLR, EC3, DTap, LEMO, or nearly anything else)

6. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Hey Ben,

You just need to tell me what cable you would like and how long, and I will build it to go with the power adapter. The LEMO 2B.302 is the socket/port that can fit the adapter which is rated at 30A.

Cheers

Chris