/dist/images/branding/favicon

mimic firmware

Discussion in 'MIMIC' started by Charles Lim, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Charles Lim

Charles Lim Member

Are there instructions of how to update the mimic firmware?

2. Wolf Schiebel

Wolf Schiebel Active Member

Very same as the Movi. Use App Version 1.80 and connect via bluetooth.

3. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi, I've been able to update the Android app to 2.0 and also Legacy 1.80, and the Movi to 5.0, but unfortunately I don't understand how to update the Mimic to 1.4.

When you say 'connect via bluetooth', to what are your referring? Connect to my Movi with the Mimic on? Connect directly to the Mimic somehow? I've downloaded the Mimic v1.4 software from the Beta site, but I can't figure out how to get either the 1.8 version of the Legacy app nor the new App v2.0 to install it. It only sees the Movi's 5.0 firmware when I click 'Update Firmware' in the apps.

The Legacy app does see other Firmware options, but they don't say Mimic 1.4.

Are there more specifics you can offer for updating the Mimic? Thanks!

4. Wolf Schiebel

Wolf Schiebel Active Member

Hi, shut down the Movi and connect the 1.80 App to the Mimic with bluetooth, same as you do with the movi. The mimic is more or less the same electronic. Then you can perform the update, same as with the movi.

Best Wolf

5. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Thanks, Wolf! That set me on the right path.

OK, I got it. First, I had to go into my tablet's Settings to Pair with the Mimic for the first time (never had to connect to it before), and only then could I connect to it in the App. Then, I still didn't see the Mimic Firmware update in the list of options, so I had to move the Zipped file into the Freefly->Firmware folder on my Nexus.

Appreciate your help!

6. Peter Dimako

Peter Dimako New Member

You guys really need to update your help on firmware updates. Nowhere does it say you need to shut down the Movi to install the firmware update on the Mimic, nor that you need to connect to the Mimic. It just says follow the same procedure as the Movi, which would completely mess up your Movi if you connected to it and installed version 1.8 of Mimic.

Tov Belling and Graham Futerfas like this.
  7. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

While Freefly hosts this forum, it is moderated by volunteers. Any requests intended for Freefly or Freefly Support should be directed to support@freeflysystems.com.

8. Yuki Noguchi

Yuki Noguchi New Member

I get this message on my app when I try to update my mimic. Anyone knows how to update it other than using app or do you know why I get this message?

Firmware does not match device. Select the appropriate firmware or connect to another device. Override is possible via un-brick procedure.

9. Mark Reedy

Mark Reedy New Member

Are you connected to your Movi or your Mimic? Your Movi should be turned off and you connect to the Mimic via Bluetooth.

10. Henry Schroeder

Henry Schroeder New Member

make sure you get the newer bata movi app first! well duh... then its under the monitor menu

11. matt ragan

matt ragan New Member

Henry, I know it seems like it should be an easy fix and I am extremely experienced with Freefly equipment and how to update. I am stuck on 1.0.4 and according to the literature I need 1.1 It is usually very easy to update. However even with the new app and after successfully connecting to bluetooth the little button "update firmware" is no where to be seen on the Monitor menu. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to solve it? I have sent a ticket to Freefly and hope to hear from them before the end of the day since I am in NYC and leave tomorrow. I will post the solution if they give me one.

Thank you ahead of time for any help anyone has for this issue

12. matt ragan

matt ragan New Member