/dist/images/branding/favicon

2-way Comms

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Chris McKechnie, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Chris McKechnie

What are you guys using for 2-way Comms/walkie talkies? Interested in ones that transmit just when you speak, not having to push a button, or are always on/active.

2. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

Sena Tufftalk. Just got them 2 weeks ago. Amazing! Constant intercom up to 1.4KM (apparently!) via bluetooth for up to 4 headsets. Connect to your phone for calls/music, FM radio built in! They just work brilliantly and I used my headset for 4 days of filming with it on most of the time and the battery is still going strong off one charge.

3. Chris McKechnie

Whoah those are expensive...but seem worth it. Ideally, looking for something cheaper. hehe

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Sena SPH-10's maybe? I have three of them and they're ok. They've saved me on a couple of shoots. Those TuffTalks look nice with the swappable battery and longer range. Others have said they like the Eartechs, and on a recent Facebook live video, Tabb showed how Freefly uses a Panasonic cordless phone with an intercom feature.

5. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  6. Thijm le Grand

Also using the Sena Tufftalk. Nice set

7. Thomas Nakasone

Thomas Nakasone New Member

Question, on the SENA... is there a delay between the time you start speaking and the time the unit broadcasts? I have motorola vox setups and this is the major problem....the broadcasting only kicks in about 2 seconds after you start speaking.

8. Ben Platts

Ben Platts Active Member

No. There is about a half second delay between TX and RX which is noticeable if you're stood right next to the person with the other headset on but it's an intercom rather than a VOX system so it's transmitting all the time so you don't miss any words

9. Chris McKechnie

10. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Sena .... Sena .... Sena .... its like MoVI or Ronin. Just get them ;)

Ben Platts likes this.
  11. Ben Kanegson

Ben Kanegson New Member

I use Eartec Ultralights and they work great. Zero delay. Superior range to the vastly more expensive HME's and simpler to use. No base station required up to 4 users. Sold directly by Eartec and by B & H.

12. Ben Kanegson

Ben Kanegson New Member

"Would love the Sena's, but would these work too? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LOKU8KQ?psc=1"

Guess Amazon sells them too! Yes, I like them, no issues so far. When the mic is in the up position, listen only. Rotating mic down toward the mouth turns on VOX/ voice activated 2-way communication. As simple as it gets.

13. James Davis

James Davis New Member

Also a big fan of Eartec ultralights, impressive range, great sound quality, have two sets and they work great.