/dist/images/branding/favicon

Major issue with MŌVI controller and multiple MOVi pros

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by James Davis, Feb 12, 2017.

1. James Davis

James Davis New Member

So since we got our first MŌVI pro we have had a persistent issue with our MOVi controller with or without the alpha wheels connected.
    Shortly after powering up and switching between dual/majestic mode we completely lose the ability to tilt in majestic mode, we tried altering the max/min tilt, switching between majestic/smooth lock tilt modes, played with window/smoothing experimenting with control rate etc.... nothing we have tried can bring back any kind of tilt functionality whilst the MOVi controller is powered up.

Now once we turn the MŌVI controller off, the MŌVI pro works perfectly ok in conjunction with the app, or with it on we can work in dual operator mode just fine, but we can't have both working at the same time fully with the MŌVI controller on.

I then tested this with our second brand new out of the box MŌVI Pro and we had exactly the same issue again.

I tried calling Freefly several times on Friday wth no response and would appreciate some help in resolving the matter.

Thanks

James

2. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

Center stick in MōVI Controller defers all controls to MōVI Pro.
    v1.2 update will match old behavior where center stick will control tilt if MōVI Pro Tilt Mode = Smooth Lock.

3. James Davis

James Davis New Member

Thanks Deniz, I understand the difference between smooth lock and Majestic tilt, outside of that i'm not sure exactly what you were trying to suggest?
    With the MOVI in the correct mode/modes for total control in majestic mode, tilt still does not function at all operating the MOVI in majestic mode until the MOVI controller is turned off.

Can anyone help or suggest how to approach this?

Thanks

4. Becca Ulmo

Becca Ulmo New Member

I've had this issue with my M15 before. I've quickly resolved it on the day by "resetting the controller" within my nexus tablet Movi App. It worked every time after I reset it. Other than that I'd love to know how anyone else troubleshooted this common problem.

5. James Davis

James Davis New Member

Hello Becca, thanks for your response, how exactly did you reset the controller specifically, did you attempt to rebind it first or just reset it from within the mobile app?

Thanks

James

6. Becca Ulmo

Becca Ulmo New Member

Hi James, I reset it within the mobile App.. I didn't have to rebind in my situations.

7. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

What he means is, that with currently available firmware, if the MōVI Controller is turned on, majestic tilt is not available, despite the position of the mode switch.

Once we update this function, you will be able to choose the behavior of the tilt axis when the controller is connected and in the middle position (Majestic).

• Mode switch = Middle, Tilt = Smooth lock: MōVI Controller has control over pan and tilt with no majestic inputs on either axis (as it currently is on Pro), also access to FIZ and gimbal settings.
    • Mode switch = Middle, Tilt = Majestic: MōVI Controller has control over FIZ, and access to gimbal settings, but pan and tilt are in Majestic mode.
    To clarify, the Reset Controller function in the app triggers a soft reboot of the gimbal controller, not the MōVI Controller. It's like performing a physical power cycle, without having to touch the MōVI or loose wireless (Bluetooth or WiFi) between the MōVI and your app.

Becca Ulmo likes this.
  8. James Davis

James Davis New Member

Any ideas on when you guys plan to fix this?

It's kind of a critical function that I like to use day to day....thanks

9. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

This will be released with the next update (v1.2). Target beta release date is beginning of March.