/dist/images/branding/favicon

Strange behaviour of Alta 6 and app

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Roman Simonyan, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Roman Simonyan

Roman Simonyan New Member

Hi. My Alta behaves very strangely while connected to different devices.

I have Nexus 6P smartphone, Nexus 7 tabet and iPhone 5.

With Nexus 6P, after connecting to Alta, app starts freezing a lot and half of the settings are not available. Alta stops responding and even after battery reset does nothing. Only after I disable the wifi on the phone and leave the Alta for around 5 mins, she boots again. Without a pause she doesn't boot, greens flash, main led is off.

With the Nexus 7 app works and Alta responds, but some settings are unavailable. Can not set channels 9, 11 and 12 for Futaba 14SG, they are not responding. In update screen it always shows that an update is available (even after update). Also, led setup does not work as it should.

With the iPhone, everything is almost good. Shows that I have latest firmware, sets the leds, uses all RC channels, all settings are available. But... Test motors doesn't work. On motor 1 app crashes always, on others does nothing.

Software bugs?

Best regards,
    Roman

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Roman:
    What kind of radio frequency environment are you in? Lots of Wifi nodes around? Flourescent lights overhead? Or outdoors far from radio frequency noise?

I don't recall anyone else reporting what you're seeing -- which is not to push it back on you -- but it certainly sounds like there is something odd happening.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Roman Simonyan

Roman Simonyan New Member

Hi, Andy. I test it in my house. Have 2-3 wi-fi nets around. No flourescent lights. I wanted to set it up an then go and fly, but now afraid a little bit. When I connect to my Alta with Nexus 6P, she just freezes. Something may happen in the air. I want to understand the cause. Searching...

Can anyone confirm a device which works fully with Alta?

All my devices have latest OSs, maybe that is the cause? Will try to find something with older system on it.

Thank you,
    Roman

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Roman:

I understand your concern. Can you try testing it outside away from the WiFi? I'm not saying that's the problem but it is what I would try. You may still have the same problem but we will have eliminated WiFi interference as a possible cause.

You might also want to open up a trouble ticket with support@freeflysystems.com and see what the folks there suggest.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert