/dist/images/branding/favicon

Carts for Movi

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Rob Ruscher, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Rob Ruscher

Rob Ruscher Member

I searched the forum and didn't see anything and if this is not the right spot please let me know and I'll move it.

Carts, carts and more carts. I've had the rock n roller since I can remember and I'm ready for a real cart. Been looking at juniors as I want something easy to fit in an SUV or van. Eying up the filmtools version and backstage. What all are you using?

2. Mike Moghaddam

Graham Futerfas and Rob Ruscher like this.
  3. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Rob, like Mike said, some of my AC's love the TR-04, and it's a great cart. I probably had the same debates and concerns about carts that you're having.

If you're considering the Magliner\Filmtools\Backstage Junior cart, I'd suggest you also think about the Senior Cart. I have that one and it's been really great. Fits in my SUV, folds really fast, and has much more space than the Junior cart. Your Case situation may be different than mine, though. I have about 6 cases on my cart, plus some hanging accessories.

I actually prefer my Senior Cart to the TR-04 because I think it seems slightly faster to break down, and it costs a bit less. That said, I don't plan to ship it anywhere, just use it locally, and the TR-04 can really break down into something you could potentially take with you on a trip. I can go from fully-built to in-my-car in about 60 seconds.

As for how I've configured it, it's similar to the Steadicam cart, but without the Steadicam Mast and Bumper. It includes:
    *The Collapsible Converted Senior Cart with top and bottom shelf
    *The swing away handles, which are nice for packing in my car but maybe not 100% necessary.
    *Backstage Steadicam/Monitor Baby 5/8" Pin (I use this with a 12" Baby riser to hold the Movi Dock and hang the Movi on the cart, and for monitors, etc.)
    *Backstage Tripod Holder with 5/8" Baby Pin (great for holding the Ready Rig Vest, my little tipods for the Mimic and Wheels, plus a Baby Pin for a monitor or accessory)

I'm working tonight, so I'll try to remember to take some photos of the cart. I can measure it for you, too, if you want to see if it will fit in your car. I remember that was the big deciding factor for me, but the Senior fits in my Hyundai Santa Fe, no problem. The only downside is that sometimes the bolts holding the flip-down nose bracket come loose after a while, so you always need to be tightening bolts and doing a little maintenance.

Rob Ruscher likes this.
  4. Ben Ruffell

Ben Ruffell Active Member

I have the Inovativ Scout 37.
    Yes, it's overpriced. But, it is, in my opinion the best out there.

It's really well designed, and constructed. It will last a lifetime.

I got in on a group buy, and that helped. They do sell ex demo stock after NAB etc...

(I also have a couple of Rock n Rollers. They are now gathering dust.

Rob Ruscher and Graham Futerfas like this.
  5. Rob Ruscher

Rob Ruscher Member

Yeah Innovative's seem to be the ultimate, but don't think I can justify that cost at this point. Graham thanks for all the info! I may check out a friend who has a senior converted and see how that fits all my stuff. The jr. converted is at the top of my list along with the TR-04.

Also looking at Camera Jimmy's but haven't heard too much about them

Graham Futerfas likes this.