/dist/images/branding/favicon

Gamepad - how to make it work?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Graham Futerfas, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

OK, I have the new Firmware uploaded, Mimic and FIZ controls are working, and I hooked up the Sony PS4 Game controller to the Mimic with the cable that came with the Movi, but I can't get the controls to work.

I turn it On with the Mimic, and I can see a slowly flashing yellow light bar across the controller when it's on, but none of the buttons do anything. I can tell they're talking to each other because the yellow light goes away when I turn GamePad Off on the Mimic.

I did charge the Controller, but I'm not familiar with it. Is there an On button I need to push? I've pushed a bunch of the buttons on the controller and I get flashing blue\white lights when I push the middle Power-looking button, but this thing didn't come with instructions, and the Firmware instructions don't say much about it other than turn it On with the Mimic.

Anyone have any advice? I'm going to try to catch the Facebook live demo today, but not sure if I'll be around. Thanks!

2. Mark Hoffman

Mark Hoffman Active Member

Graham
    Press and hold the Playstation logo button for a couple of seconds to turn on the controller.

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  3. Graham Futerfas

Thanks Mark, but that didn't seem to get it going. Maybe I'll make a video of the problem and someone will point out whatever obvious thing I'm doing wrong. Appreciate your help.

4. Mark Hoffman

I'll download the fw later today a see if I can get it going.

5. Graham Futerfas

Here's a video of what I'm doing. I'll email it off to Support if no one has an answer, but maybe others are having the same problem? I ordered this controller off of Amazon, and I think the blinking blue light means it's waiting to Pair with a Playstation, but I don't have a Playstation. I'm more of a Nintendo NES guy, personally. :)

6. Mark Hoffman

Graham
    I updated fw and got my game controller to work. You do not need to press the PS button. My guess is that you may need to charge your PS controller. Any standard usb charger should do the trick.

7. Graham Futerfas

Thanks Mark, I really appreciate your help.

I had charged it before, but on your suggestion I plugged it in again. While it was charging, the amber light was on, and I left it on charge for over an hour until the amber light went out on its own. Unfortunately, it's still not working.

Maybe it's a defective gamepad? It's brand new from Amazon. Or maybe it's a bad cable? I'll see if I can get my hands on another one to test.

Thank you!

8. Ryan Holdridge

I'm having the same issue, with a brand new controller as well. I wonder if it has to be previously synced to a PS4?

9. Graham Futerfas

Thanks Ryan, I was wondering the same thing. I'm still stumped. I've tried two different PS4 controllers, and neither works with the Mimic. I'm going to try a different cable to eliminate that part of the equation, but it doesn't arrive until tomorrow (and it's a pretty rare cable - USB Micro B to USB Type C).

I can wirelessly pair the game controller with my Mac, and I can see it when I plug it in to the USB port, but it won't take control of the Mimic.

10. Ryan Holdridge

I've tried 3 different cables, no dice.

I think I'll email support.

11. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

+No need to press the ps button on the gamepad
    +Good idea to charge gamepad, otherwise it will get charged from MIMIC (this shouldn't be related to your issue)
    +In the video, it felt like cable was not plugged all the way in on the gamepad side..
    +Also MIMIC status icon turning green shouldn't matter for gamepad controls

12. Deniz Ozgoren

Staff Member

I looked into this today. Looks like there are actually different versions of the DualShock 4 controller and they do have different firmware. The one I have that works is apparently the "old" version.

Issue has now been addressed and there should be a fix pushed to MIMIC firmware next week.

#12 Deniz Ozgoren, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  13. Daniel De Silva

Daniel De Silva New Member

I cant get this to work, I got the new PS4 Pro with standard controller, and an extra DS4 Camo controller.. Nothing!

14. Deniz Ozgoren

Staff Member

Please see my comment above yours..

15. Daniel De Silva

Daniel De Silva New Member

How can you tell this difference? Have you got a link? Was it simply plug and play? Thanks in advance!

16. Ryan Holdridge

Went out and found a v1 Dual Shock 4 (Model # CUH-ZCT1U) Works great! The newer version (Model # CUH-ZCT2U) has the updated firmware. According to Deniz above, there will be a firmware fix for MIMIC that will work for the newer gamepad next week.

#16 Ryan Holdridge, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  17. luigi valtulini

luigi valtulini New Member

I need help how do I make upgrades to mimic pro? They are at version 1.0.2.
    I updated the movipro at 1.1 and everything going well, but not see the mimic through the phone iOS . How should I do?

18. Ryan Holdridge

On the first screen of the app, you'll see a small connected/connecting. With the Mimic on, tap on connected/connecting on the app. Make sure the app is communicating with the Mimic.

Then you should be able to update the firmware.

19. luigi valtulini

luigi valtulini New Member

hi Ryan,
    ok mimic is on,
    but the menu does not appear.
    How can I do?

20. Graham Futerfas

If your Movi is connected, it will indicate "Movi Pro" instead of "Connect". It's a light blue\green color just below the MoviPro Logo in the app. If you tap it, you should get an option for the Mimic if it's turned on and within range of your phone.

EDIT: You also may have to quit the app completely and restart. On the iPhone, push your home button to go the main screen, then double tap the home button and a bunch of open window tiles will appear. Find the Movi Pro app tile, and swipe up. That closes it. Then restart the app.