/dist/images/branding/favicon

M15 Pan motor Upgrade for MultiRotor

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Matt C, Nov 14, 2016.

?

Who would like a pan motor upgrade kit for their M15

1. Yes, long overdue

20 vote(s)
    95.2%
  2. No, prefer to get a pro for my Multirotor

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. Matt C

Matt C New Member

Dear Tabb,

many of us spent a small fortune buying M15 (and M10) for our multi rotors, only to find that the Pan motor is not capable of holding at anywhere between 40-45km/h and above. (dragon and CP2)

It would be great if you could supply a pan motor upgrade to the new "double the torque" version that comes on the MoviPro

Cheers

Matt

2. JASPER GLAVANICS

I for sure second this idea.
    To date Tabb, I have spent around $25,000 on TWO MōVI's. The M10 original and then the M15 original.
    It would be great, if we could actually still use these items with upgrades, like the RED cameras ( until recently ) Instead of having them
    end up sitting on the shelf, because new models come out a year later.

Was also the same with the ALTA. I was super excited an supportive to get my hands on the ALTA 6 when released, becuase you guys claimed and advertised that it was designed for such cameras as the RED Dragon. However it would have been nice to clearly state that it could only really handle those cameras, fully stripped naked and at optimal atomosperic conditions such as 15deg Celcius at Sea Level. Unfortunately here in Oz... .we rarley shoot 15deg at sea level.

Therefore i had to invest another $25k on a flight system that COULD hold the weight needed for pro cinema cameras. And the ALTA 6 went on the sales desk and was sold for $5K less than i paid for it, still with warranty left on it!

Painful.

3. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

Yes please!

We have a dozen M15's and M10's.

We have since stopped using Movi's for drone work unfortunately due to the pan motor failing at 10+ m/sec.

Oh and since the Movi Pro boots faster, due to cleaning up the code... please do the same for legacy products :)

Thx :)

4. Pascal Anquetil

Pascal Anquetil New Member

We have spent a lot of money in out M15 and now Freefly launch a MOVI PRO for half the price of an M15. It's a shame.

5. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

LOL they did, its a $6000 motor upgrade they call Pro:)

6. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

I hear ya! We have a dozen or so M10/M15's and feel the same way, can't be hard to make a pan motor upgrade but that will cannibalize the Pro sales so its not going to happen.... hope Freefly proves me wrong. Awaiting to hear from a few others on real world tests for the Pro on drone w/ heavy payload at max speed. The Pro is only rated at 15lbs as is the M15, and I doubt it will carry 15lbs on a drone @ max speed, inclination, wind resistance and inertia! We moved over to the H16 for all our drones and it holds 20lbs at 18m/sec for as long as you can fly for 1/2 cost of the Pro :)

7. nothing movi

nothing movi Member

you guys are just bad at balancing your movi's pan axis and tuning. Maybe even didn't click the toad in the hole propely. I can go full speed with movi m10 on a drone and its fine.

proof here at 2:58

if anyone needs help I'll walk you through video chat of how to make sure you pan can hold full speed on a drone (40-50kmh)

8. Chris Lethbridge

Chris Lethbridge New Member

Balance is fine for me, but I'd be interested to know whether or not you go for really high hold-strength settings. Any special settings you like to use? Love your work by the way!