/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI Pro V1.1 Beta FW released

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Tabb Firchau, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey guys, we are excited to announce FW v1.1 for the MoVI Pro and MIMIC today. There is a full explanation of new features and bugfixes available here.

In particular the MoVI Pro team has created a few new features that I think are really useful

1. Gamepad support! Now you can have a baby movi controller with you any / everywhere. Control pan/tilt/roll and FIZ from the controller we all know and love

2. FIZ control via gestures - rotate your hand to control Focus, Iris, and Zoom. This allows users to have even more control over their setups without any add ons from 600+ feet away….

Facebook live demo is here:

Let us know what you like / dislike!

Tabb

2. Robbert van Weelderen

Thanks Tabb and team for this great update!!

I have a question though. Is it currently possible to do a manual calibration of a FIZ axis for use with lenses that don't have hard stops? In the manual I can only find info for auto-calibration.

3. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Only via the MoVI Controller right now Robert. I think this will come in 1.2 FW release.

4. Kurt Wallrath

Kurt Wallrath Member

Great video, thanks Tabb and Freefly team! What's the name of the mount you used to mount the Mimic to the PS4 controller?

5. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

It's a Sony Product: GCM10 Game Control Mount for 4-8" Screen Size

Edit: Provided manufacturers site link, instead of Amazon.

6. Kurt Wallrath

Kurt Wallrath Member

Awesome, thanks Bryan!

7. Grayson Austin

Grayson Austin New Member

What happened to Tilt maximum and minimum angles in the general menu? Not working well with my Klassen wheels now with beta. When I tilt down past 90 degrees, it begins auto panning without any wheel input. Worked fine in the previous firmware.

Grayson Grant Austin, SOC

8. Collin Enstad

Collin Enstad New Member

How do I get this update? I see in the notes that there should be a new section under Monitor to update, but I have no new version of the app.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 if that helps - Google Play has its app version still at 1.0.0

9. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

• Beta firmware cannot be pushed through the App Store or Google Play store system. We have provided all the information you need, including the .apk installer file for Android, on our website: https://goo.gl/o46AZX

10. Charlie Beyer

Charlie Beyer Member

PDF has release date of January 2016.

11. Collin Enstad

Collin Enstad New Member

Thank you for your response!

I played around with the 1.1 Beta with the PS4 controller - I picked up a Model # CUH-ZCT1U at Best Buy - the black ones where the Model # CUH-ZCT2U but I found a new white controller of the older generation. As said in the other thread, the newer (CUH-ZCT2U) controllers won't work until a new firmware next week.

It works great! Just a couple of things -

When adjusting the roll, the Movi would introduce oscillations into the system that would not go away without a full reboot of the system. I wouldn't get the roll problems when using the Mimic gesture controls, just the PS4 remote. It was a heavier payload but it was balanced to the best of my ability.

Would it be possible to add a 'Window' option into the PS4 controller? I found it very difficult to single out only one axis. When adjusting the pan the tilt would be easy to set off. Perhaps being able to map pan and tilt separate to each of the sticks since the left stick doesn't have any functions mapped to it yet would help solve this problem?

Besides that it worked great, thanks for the update!

12. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

Would you post a video of this on a different thread?

Have you tried adjusting tilt and pan speeds via dpad? You can set tilt to 0% for instance..

13. Deniz Ozgoren

Staff Member

Website has been updated to include new Android and iOS App versions, which include MIMIC hotfix for DS4.
    https://goo.gl/kJriRz

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  14. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Thanks Deniz, so it looks like we only need to update the Mimic, correct? The Movi itself didn't seem to want an update from the app.

That's awesome that you guys released this so quickly. Is the only change related to PS4 compatibility?

Also, I had my Movi on sitting next to the Mimic while my iPhone was running the update, and walked away from it. When I came back, the Mimic had a green light on but I think my phone had jumped over to connecting with the Movi when it was supposed to still be loading firmware to the Mimic. So a note to others, I suggest you turn your Movi off while doing the update.

Daniel De Silva likes this.
  15. Deniz Ozgoren

Staff Member

Correct. Only change is to MIMIC FW and only related to DS4 compatibility.

16. AlexChailan

AlexChailan Member

Hi guys,

1st work with my MoviPro today, really impressed by everything in work condition.

Just 2 things, via RCP cable, we can't change framerate but project framerate. If we can have the toggle framerate to keep the project framerate at 25/24/30 fps, could be great. Today i needed to do some slowmo witht the Red, and it was impossible to desactivate the toggle project framerates, the result was we cant be able to start the rec from rcp because we the project stay at 25fps and via my 7 touch red i wasn't able to change the framerate for slowmo.

As mentionned before me, remap the ps4 controller would be great, left thumb for tilt and right for pan, because sometime when we want pan, the sensibilty of the joystick push a little bit to tilt.

If theses points could be add to the next firmware, could be great !

Thanks !

#16 AlexChailan, Jan 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    Aaron Marquette likes this.
  17. Grayson Austin

Grayson Austin New Member

Also still need to get Tilt Maximum and Minimum back onto the General Menu. Still missing on the beta firmware.

Grayson Grant Austin, SOC

18. luigi valtulini

luigi valtulini New Member

sorry guys , what is the procedure for update mimic?
    Movi pro is ok with iOS, but mimic where i connect?

thanks

19. AlexChailan

AlexChailan Member

Via app, instead of select the movipro, you will be able to select the mimic, select and update like the movi ;)

20. luigi valtulini

luigi valtulini New Member

hi ALex
    I see the move pro but did not see the mimic.
    how can I do?