/dist/images/branding/favicon

Slow panning on Majestic Mode.

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Daniel Díaz, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Daniel Díaz

Daniel Díaz New Member

Hello, I have not been able to get a fast panning movement on Majestic Mode. The MOVI Pro responds very slowly to my movements.
    I turned down the smoothing and window settings but the MOVI is still responding slowly.
    Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

In your General->expert settings, is Remote Rate Scale set to 100? That can affect it as well.

Daniel Díaz likes this.
  3. Daniel Díaz

Daniel Díaz New Member

I'll check it tomorrow,

Thanks Graham!

4. Arnold Kaplan

Arnold Kaplan New Member

Is that on the app or on computer because im unable to find that option

5. Graham Futerfas

Sorry to be confusing. It's in the app, under Tuning - Advanced. I think I may have mistakenly meant to check your Max Control Rate, not Remote Rate Scale. Remote Rate Scale is a Dual-Op setting.

I doubt this is your problem, to be honest, especially if you aren't even aware that it exists, but it changes how fast the gimbal can respond to Pan and Tilt. If you're still having serious problems with Pan responsiveness and you've reduced the Majestic window and smoothing to a really low number (I run the window as low as 2 or 3 sometimes, and smoothing usually pretty low too, like 8), I'd contact Freefly Support.

I'll mention one more issue I ran into a while back, related to your problem, and that had to do with me starting a Timelapse and not being able to stop it, which threw the Movi's responsiveness off until I realized what was causing it. This was a long time ago, though, on the M15 with an early version of that Firmware, but if you were messing around in the Timelapse menu, it could be a possible cause.

From the Movi Pro manual: The maximum rate of camera movement can be used to enable higher Hold Strengths while reducing the possibility of overshoot. This is especially helpful when shooting with longer focal lengths.

Tuning Max Control Rate

1. To increase the control over the camera’s movements, increase the Max Control Rate.

2. To increase the smoothness of the camera’s movements, decrease the Max Control Rate. This will reduce the operator’s control over the camera’s movements.

Daniel Díaz likes this.
  6. Arnold Kaplan

Arnold Kaplan New Member

Thanks Graham!

And like you said wasn't really having serious problem.Although, I thought my pan and tilt were a lil slow. So I just turned down the smoothing/window parameters and it did the trick.

btw my Max Control Rate was at 200 does that sound about right?

7. Daniel Díaz

Daniel Díaz New Member

Thanks Graham, I have increased the Max Control Rate but I don't perceive any changes.

8. Bayena Sosa

Bayena Sosa New Member

I got the same problem

9. Graham Futerfas

In the App, what are your Majestic settings for Window and Smoothness?

10. Daniel Díaz

Daniel Díaz New Member

I tried different settings from 0 to 10.

11. Daniel Díaz

Daniel Díaz New Member

Ok, in dual op mode I find a solution increasing Remote Rate Scale. Works for me.

12. Jake Wilganowski

I'm having this issue. For example, in majestic mode, no settings I can set will allow me to slowly 360 a subject and keep them centered, or to pan with a subject walking by 180 degrees
    UNLESS I turn on fixed mount heading assist, is this normal? Or is this supposed to be how majestic works?

#12 Jake Wilganowski, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017