/dist/images/branding/favicon

Just did it!!! want to remove a part to add dovetail for quickrelease

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by alain baars, Jan 6, 2017.

1. alain baars

alain baars Member

Just picked up my Movi Pro from the store today.
    must say, the thing looks very well, seems like a good update!

Haven't stuffed my CanonC300M2 in it, for the reason that I want to try to get my Vocas Quickrelease plate attached to the bottom of the Movi Pro, in place where the normal Movi Pro cameraplate sits.

as with my former M10, I had a vocas quickrelease plate attached. therefor I had to remove a part of the original plate. In this case, I am wondering if it is possible, cause allthough I loosened 4 screws, everything still stays together.

Am I the only one doing this or is any of you aware what I would need to do?

2. alain baars

alain baars Member

To make myself more clear and specific, the three redzones indicate the areas I want to get rid of

Attached Files:

#2 alain baars, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  3. alain baars

alain baars Member

allready fixed it!!!

I took out some screws and took away the removable middle plate, as seen in the picture of the former post (middle part).
    I don't think the railsytem (outer two parts) is removable, at least not without damaging.
    Correct me if I am wrong, you Freefly R&D people!

So this lets me lose 2 mm's but hey, things could be worse.

I will need to make some more adjustments, like putting in a second srew for sturdiness and filling the empty space between the Vocas plate and the Movi, on the backside

Attached Files:

4. Yann De Moerloose

Yann De Moerloose New Member

Hey Alain! Where in the netherlands did you buy your MoVI Pro? I am interested in buying one. I am based in Belgium.

5. Florian Klaes

Florian Klaes New Member

Interesting! My movi pro still isnt here - but the base wont take the arca-swiss standart, right?
    (I am completly on kessler kwick-release-system).

Glad to see modifications are possible on this.
    Will post about kessler kwick + c300-2 in the future.

6. alain baars

alain baars Member

I don't know what the quickrelease base is for the Arcaswiss plate is, it has to be low.
    The C300M2 was hard to fix on the M10, on the Pro it's supereasy. Even with the extra height of the Vocas Quickrelease.

7. alain baars

alain baars Member

I bought it in a retailshop, but the have two more Pro 's on order, so probably a period of time before they will have stock (which they won't probably). send me an email to info@alain.nl if you want more details.