/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi Pro & Movi Controller majestic mode issue

Discussion in 'MōVI Controller' started by erikmotta, Dec 23, 2016.

1. erikmotta

erikmotta New Member

I just finished binding my Move pro to my controller. For some reason I can't get any tilt when I have majestic mode switched on the controller. I believe to have all my settings dialed in correctly Majestic mode: Tilt on.
    Is there any other menu option I may be missing to activate my tilt when majestic is switched?

2. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

I'm sure someone will answer (sorry it cannot be me, wish I could help), but for a quick response, you might post in MOVI pro forum as well? a lot of them are using the movi controller

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

What Tilt Speed do you have select Erik?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

4. Connor O'Brien

Connor O'Brien New Member

Erik Motta, I am having the same issue actually... If I turn off the controller and just use the movi app, everything works fine. When I turn on the movi controller with movi pro on in majestic mode, the tilt is permanently locked. What is the fix? Do I have to reload firmware onto the controller and movi pro or what?

sean c mehen likes this.
  5. Robbert van Weelderen

I'm having the same problem:
    - When the MOVI controller is powered off I have both Tilt and Pan majestic control on the MOVI Pro.
    - When the MOVI controller is powered on and in Majestic mode I have majestic control of pan on the MOVI Pro but Tilt is controlled by the joystick of the MOVI controller.
    - When the MOVI controller is powered on and in Dual mode the joystick on the MOVI controller controls both the Tilt and Pan as it should be.

6. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

Hey guys, we have received feedback (to support) that this behavior on MōVI Pro is different than on previous MōVI models. There is currently not a way to have full Majestic (pan and tilt) with the MōVI Controller powered on. Majestic mode on the MōVI Control is Pan Majestic only.

It's on a list of tweaks for future firmware updates, but for right now, the only way to have Majestic Tilt, is to turn off or disconnect the MōVI Controller.

Some notes for this thread:
    • There is new MōVI Controller firmware available so that RED controls can be accessed from the MōVI Controller (among other things). It won't solve what you are experiencing, but we do recommend running the most current firmware for best compatibility, which, along with release notes, can always be found at http://freeflysystems.com/support
    • If you find that you are having undesired behavior from your Freefly gear, the act of re-flashing the firmware is not going to help you 99% of the time. In the 1% case where it does help, it's only because it reset your settings to default, not because there was anything wrong with the firmware itself.

sean c mehen likes this.