/dist/images/branding/favicon

C300 MKII Start / Stop

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Charles Bergquist, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Charles Bergquist

Does the MoVI Pro use the LANC cable to start stop on the C300MKII? Plugging into the Remote port on the back? Tried it and couldn't get it to work. I'm probably doing something wrong, but could someone chime in at Freefly and help get me sorted?

Daniel De Silva likes this.
  2. alain baars

alain baars Member

I would like to know that too.
    I had a start stop/iris made for my M10, but would very much like to take a next step on the startstop/iris on the Movi Pro that will arrive one of these days in my 'mailbox'

3. Daniel De Silva

Daniel De Silva New Member

Purchased the LANC cable from FF and would like to know how to achieve start/stop or other potential modes on Mimic Pro when using the C300 MKII and other Canon C series cameras.

4. Samer Aslan

Samer Aslan New Member

I don't see any info about the Movi Pro Mimic working with the Canon C line! Only the Movi controller from what i understood!
    They (Freefly) said maybe one day it will! and it depends on Canon...if I remember well

Daniel De Silva likes this.
  5. Daniel De Silva

Thanks, there are many different LANC hardware that supports Canon C Series, I dont think its up to Canon to provide anything to trigger record. Hopefully when the movi pro arrives tomorrow I can just work it out..

6. Daniel De Silva

Any progress on this, it seems simple enough to get a remote trigger seeing there is a LANC cable made, other operations I can understand involve more complexity.

7. Dave Ketelhut

Dave Ketelhut Member

Curious if anyone has made any progress on the start/stop with the lanc cable. I’m working with a c200 and am able to get the start stop to work with the old start/stop record coming from the movi controller Rx, but not through the lanc cable running through the movi pro itself.

8. Cody Cochran

Cody Cochran New Member

Hey Dave,

Curious if you ever figured this out. We have a MoVI controller and C300, but we cannot figure out how to start and stop the camera.

Thank you,

9. Dave Ketelhut

Dave Ketelhut Member

we were able to work with freefly and get it to work with our C200. it might be worth sending Brian an email and telling him about your situation. i think he will be able to help out!