/dist/images/branding/favicon

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Hugh Bell, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Ardian Putra

Ardian Putra New Member

Hi All,
    My name is ardian Come from Indonesia. I'm a university student right now but looking toward building my bussiness as a photographer specially aerial photography. i fly R/C plane and heli about 8 years since i was in the junior high school. interested with the Cinestar gimbal. just like Dragan, i hope my bussines go well and start paying of my toys :D

Thanks

2. Matt Barker

Matt Barker Member

Hi! Im Matt Barker. I am addicted to cameras and fancy little bits for them. I got laid off when they closed that asbestos factory, and wouldn't you know it, the army cuts my disability pension because they said that the plate in my head wasn't big enough. Every time Jenny revved up the microwave Id piss my pants and forget who i was for half an hour or so. Well I am Married to my wife Jenny and have two kids and my dog Snotz. Watch out for Snotz hes got a little Mississippi Leg. I've been out of work for the past seven years. Jenny says I should find some temporary work to help pay the bills but I'm holding out for a management position. So with the extra money I bought me a multi-chopter and she is a beaut.

3. Ramesh Tahlan

Ramesh Tahlan Member

Hi all. I am an Ex Fighter Pilot form Indian Air Force, Have a passion for flying RC stuff. Presently going crazy on Aerial Photography. Still have not given up in making my own machines. I am in New Delhi. Had been flying RC planes.. the went onto helis, and now Multicopters. So now day i just fly Helis and Multicopters. Just got into Aerial Photography.

4. Daniel Delaunay

I'm From Sao Paulo - Brazil.
    After many years of RC hobby and work as high level advertisement photography (including aerials) assistant for best known photographer in Brazil, I'm now looking for to build a Heavy lift multirotor and start operating for photo assigments and film productions companies.
    Cinestar seems like a solid pro platform and I'm here to learn a bit more about the best setup for my intentions before building my own.

5. Gustav Raberg

Gustav Raberg Member

Hello all.
    Gustav from Sweden. I fly the CS 8 with 2 axis gimbal. I've been flying r/c models for many years and learned to fly r/c helicopters 10 years ago so I could lift cameras for photo but that dream never became reality back then but with the equipment now days its a different story. The cinestar gear is a dream. I'm a certified paragliding instructor and I have used powered paragliders to take aerials before.

Already got some great response from you guys.

Gustav

6. Pascal Legrand

Pascal Legrand New Member

Hello there,
    My name is Pascal, I'm from France just near Paris.
    I'm in the process of becoming telepilot, that is a professional pilot for aerial video and photo.
    I will likely pilot on my customer setups, and for my own I choose to fly on DJI Spreading Wings S800 equiped with the Cinestar 3 axis gimbal & Radian systems.
    I hope I did select a good combination for my purposes.
    Cheers,
    Pascal

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

8. Pascal Legrand

It's done.
    Thanks for having told me.
    Pascal

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Merci beaucoup, Pascal. Je vous remercie de votre coopération.
    Et, comme je l'ai dit, bienvenue sur le forum.
    Andy.

10. Pascal Legrand

Merci beaucoup Andy pour cette réponse en parfait Français ! ;-)

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

J'ai vécu en France il ya longtemps (à Gex et Ferney-Voltaire). Malheureusement, ma capacité de parler et d'écrire le français s'est détériorée, mais maintenant j'ai Google Translate!
    ---
    Out of respect to other non-French speaking forum members, here's what I'm saying to Pascal:
    I lived in France a long time ago (in Gex and Ferney-Voltaire). Sadly, my ability to speak and write French has deteriorated, but now I have Google Translate!

12. Pascal Legrand

Excellent ! ;-))

13. Dean Roczen

Dean Roczen New Member

Greetings,

I'm Dean Roczen from upstate NY. I am new to the multirotor and am considering buying/building a Cinestar 8 this winter or spring. My exmperience with multirotors ended abruptly this autumn when my Blade mQx flew away on me and disappeared, but I am undaunted! My workdays are spent flying Embraer 170/175/190's around the US, but I did lots of photography as a kid and am looking for a fun hobby to reacquaint that with. This forum, the videos, and other places has been very helpful so far. I cant wait to embarass myself with horribly naive questions coming to a thread soon!!!

Cheers,

Dean

14. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Welcome, Dean. Sorry to hear about the Blade mQX fly-away. It's a good training copter so you might consider getting another one. You can actually control them directly from a Spektrum RC transmitter too, should that be relevant.

I came from flying full-sized sailplanes (a self-launching model), to the world of RC and the cognitive challenges of control transposition when you're flying anything other than "nose out."

You might also consider getting a copy of AeroSimRC (aerosimrc.com) so that you can master these cognitive challenges without bending any metal or breaking plastic and carbon fibre.

Rest assured that you will not likely embarrass yourself on this forum. The only dumb question is the one that you don't ask.
    Or, to paraphrase Scott Adams (Dilbert): How come there are no dumb questions? Do dumb people suddenly get smarter just before they ask a question? :)

Andy.

15. Dean Roczen

Dean Roczen New Member

Thanks Andy.. yes I plan to buy another Blade and also the sim software once I decide for sure Im going to embark on this. And yeah, no doubt... 9000 hours of traveling in only ONE forward direction is going to be a cognitave wall to overcome :) I got a quote from QC listing lots of "recommended" items/upgrades etc.. once I tear into that research I'll post any unresolved questions here. Thanks again!!

16. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I think you'll get to like (a) being P1 (your image shows you as P2?) and (b) the fact that you can move in any direction you want without the consideration of relative wind, pre-stall buffets, etc. Just "parking" in mid-air is a bit liberating. The torque on the motors produces an amazing climb rate too.
    Don't hesitate to post your tentative shopping list on the forum and let others contribute ideas. It's a dazzling array of options -- and total freedom is no choice! :)

Andy.

17. Brandon Loeser

Our heavy lift Cinestar 8. We're using Wookong, 6S batteries and bigger Tiger motors.
    www.SkyShotMedia.com

Attached Files:

18. Chulmo Yang

Chulmo Yang New Member

Hello, My name is Chulmo(Kevin) and I fly a CS8 with a 2 axis gimbal in Korea. Looking forward to interacting with members and learning more.

19. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

??, Chulmo? ?? ?? ?????.

20. Jei Swan

Jei Swan Member

Hello Everyone.

My name is Jei, Im flying CS8, 2xs gimbal with radians. with my 5Dmk2. im from Bermuda. I'm looking forward to conversing with every one and learning more.