/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI Pro Wiggle at Toad / Pan Motor?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Charles Bergquist, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Charles Bergquist

Just received my MoVI Pro, having some wiggle " forward / backward " on the new ring and the new classic handle. Tried to find the source but it seems to be the Toad or Pan Motor area. Anyone else having this issue? Anyone tightening theirs up when they get it?

M15 w/ Handle Bars and Ring at this point feel way more solid.

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Did you try tightening the bolt inside the latch of the toad? I've seen wiggle from a loose toad latch.

My toad on the Pro latched opposite the M15. The latch is on the back of the Movi instead of on the forward lens side. Bryan said I could turn it around easily though.

Charles Bergquist likes this.
  3. Charles Bergquist

Fixed it by tightening up the screw inside the latch on the Toad, just in case anyone else has that issue.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, I've had that happen. It's just part of the normal "pre-flight" check to make sure that (a) you've got the handle/TITH mounted the right way around and (b) that it is waggleless (?).

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Charlie Beyer

Charlie Beyer Member

I had the 4 little screw that attach the Toad to the cross bar come loose and caused wiggle. Three are easy to tighten. The fourth is behind the lever that locks the hole. The lever needs to be in the right angle to access the 4th screw.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Charlie: Is there any trace of threadlocker compound on the threads? I'm not sure whether FF advocates using the medium strength threadlocker on those kinds of machine screws?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

7. Charlie Beyer

Charlie Beyer Member

There was no thread locker. I guess some blue wouldn't be bad since this is something that almost never gets taken on/off. Anyway this has happened only once on my M15 in 2-3 years and was pretty easy to diagnose and repair. Just took a few minutes to figure out the 4th screw. A ball had hex is needed like the one provided by FF to come at the screw head at a slight angle.

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Good points, Charlie -- it's just that my mum always told me to keep my screws and nuts tight (so to speak). :rolleyes:

Andy.

The Ground Is The Limit™

9. Charlie Beyer

Charlie Beyer Member

10. Henry Behel

Henry Behel New Member

I am actually having the same problem, and I can't fix it by tightening. I tested further--the male toad on my Movi Ring Pro is not actually as big as the one from my m15, and doesn't get as tight.

It actually caused a major issue on set yesterday--I tightened the crap out of it, and tested and it seemed secure. But once I got it up and flying, felt the camera shift and then the Movi Pro and Epic fell off the ring... not good at all...

Is anyone else having this issue? Freefly--do you know about this? Was there a change in manufacturing between the old male toads and the new male toads that are in the Movi Ring Pro? Did I just get a dud? I'm really cranking down on that toad lever, and it's still wiggling and slipping.

Help?

11. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Whoa -- that's not good, Henry. Suggest you email to support@freeflysystems.com right away. Something is definitely not right (sorry....you've figured that out yourself, I'm sure!)

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

12. Aaron Marquette

This is scary. My MPro TITH is also not solid. I tightened the latch screw and the latch didn't not close so I had to back it out again. It always wiggles but I haven't had the gimbal fall yet. Yikes!

13. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

It shouldn't wiggle. You should definitely email support.