/dist/images/branding/favicon

Has anyone received shipping updates?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Josh Lambeth, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Steve Young

Steve Young New Member

Thank You Gary. Actually, it is my real name. I do not know why it mashed it together. I am Steve Young.

2. Rob Ruscher

Rob Ruscher Member

There is a ton of people that ordered Day 1 (November 2nd). I ordered day 1 at 11am and got an email last week saying it should be shipping by the 12th.

3. Joshua Coté

Joshua Coté Member

I ordered Day 2, Nov. 3rd and haven't heard anything. I expect it'll be a couple weeks before I do hear anything. If you ordered on the 9th, I'd plan on a long wait!

4. Iva Vel

Iva Vel New Member

AHHH guess what I received today?!?! <3 <3 <3 my beautiful MoVI PRO!! Well when I say mine... Ours... CVP's demo unit :)

We obviously ordered a massive batch before the MoVI PRO was announced officially but Freefly only sent us one as they wanna spread out the delivery fairly across various dealers and individuals who have ordered on the first day. A bit upsetting cause we want them ALL NOW!! But if all goes to plan, we should receive them all before the end of the year, so that's still ok :) We have 4 left on that order which are up for grab fyi.

I will be organising an open day in our central London showroom next week or the week after. We'll send a newsletter out once I confirm the date.

Attached Files:

5. Josh Park

Josh Park Member

Mine just arrived today!
    The ring is ridiculously bigger than I'd imagined. It will be very difficult to find a case for it actually.

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  6. Rob Ruscher

Rob Ruscher Member

When did you order yours? And did you order through Freefly?

7. Josh Park

Josh Park Member

Yup I ordered through Freefly. I ordered at like 3AM when the store opened for the first time.

8. Samer Aslan

Samer Aslan New Member

I did! but still waiting unfortunately! :( ordered it from CVP UK,i hope to receive some good news soon!

9. Samer Aslan

Samer Aslan New Member

Hi Ivailo,I ordered mine from CVP :) say hello to James and tell him to call Freefly and hurry up with the shipping ;) can't wait to go around Venice with it..got the ready rig too just laying there and waiting to the Movi Pro:)

10. Steve Young

Steve Young New Member

Just curious Josh. Where are you located?

11. Axel Gimenez

Axel Gimenez New Member

I ordered mine on Day 3. I've reached out to customer service but they wouldn't give me anything specific. Hoping I'll hear something this week.

12. Kurt Wallrath

Kurt Wallrath Member

I ordered my MP on Day 1 at 7am PST. I got a text from FedEx it would arrive tomorrow :)

13. Dave Ketelhut

Dave Ketelhut Member

Just got shipping confirmation,we ordered ours the first day around 12:30pm est =D

14. Justin J Chambers

Justin J Chambers New Member

Ouch, at this rate I'll be lucky to get mine by June.

15. Rob Ruscher

Rob Ruscher Member

Got my shipping notification today. Ordered day 1 11am EST

16. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

Received notification a couple hours ago. Oh buddy. . .

17. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

Likely receive date. . .next Friday. In Georgia. But somehow managed to have 10 batteries on order for a total of 12. Graham, I don't know why, but I think I blame you lol so. . . How excessive is that?

18. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

That's exciting, Sebastian!

If you're powering the camera as well as accessories, I don't think 12 is excessive. If you're just powering accessories, probably overkill. I bongo-tied the chargers into a half-stack milk crate with a power strip, and I've seen other people cobbling things together to make it fast to connect all the batteries.

Do you own another gimbal, or is this your first? What are you using for follow focus?

I have a feeling we're all going to be discussing DTap outlets on here soon...

19. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

Lol yea we are. . .

Not my first gimbal, sold my m5, keeping the m10 I got free last month tho. And I still am frozen on what to replace my fried redrock micro remote with. It did a great job a a number of shoots, but very hesitant to rebuy, considering not only does bartech make a solo operator focus knob(didn't when I bought my redrock), but redrock is about to release the navigator that runs of com port, and works with the integrated FIZ driver. So I know I want a backup/secondary system (to the FIZ freefly, or someone else, releases to work with the integrated driver on pro), but dunno which to pull the trigger on. I decided to wait till my gimbal arrived in hopes that a FIZ for the integrated driver would be released by then and I could postpone the purchase of focus controller for a while. Does not look like that will be happening.

I only own an fs7, however, I plan on using RCP quite a bit on my drone if I can find cheap access to a red camera around me. Either way, I definetely plan on running the camera off the batteries if it works. Good advice, I'll make sure it powers my fs7 (with a battery in for counterweight purposes) before making battery decisions.

And I'm sure what ur saying will make sense once I see the batteries and chargers, but can u post a pic of the charger setup u speak of?

20. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Here's a pic of the battery crate I made. It's a 6" tall milk crate from Filmtools, with bongo ties holding the chargers with their AC cables tucked up, and I used velcro cable ties to neaten the 2nd cable going to the battery side. Also, I found some rubbery padded shelving liner at the hardware store that keeps the batteries from sliding around on the hard plastic.

I'll probably re-work this eventually but I have three or four jobs for the Movi before Xmas and needed to get something quick and convenient on set.

Attached Files: