/dist/images/branding/favicon

Setting Hover Throttle

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Kurt Naeslund, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Kurt Naeslund

Kurt Naeslund New Member

One more thing that interest me is the Hover throttle adjustment.
    The manual states that if a stable hover is possible with the throttlestick below neutral, that the adjustment should be decreased. If the hover is made with the stick above, it should be increased.

Shouldn't this be opposite?

Can someone explain a newbie? :)

Regards,
    Kurt
    Norway

2. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

Hi Kurt. You are actually adjusting the amount of power / thrust at your hover point - not the stick position. If you were hovering at 40% throttle (below neutral) and you lower the amount of power / thrust / RPM of motors, it will require you to go to a higher percentage of throttle (hopefully to 50%) in order to get to a stable hover point.

Same thing if you were hover at 60% throttle. When you increase the power at that level you would have to back down on the throttle in order to keep from ascending...again targeting a 50% throttle at a stable hover.

The throttle stick position is essentially the power requested position and you are adjusting the amount of power delivered to get your request at 50% to match the amount of power required to maintain a stable hover.

Hope that makes a little sense!

3. Kurt Naeslund

Kurt Naeslund New Member

Ah...that makes more sense. thanks a lot! :)

Regards,
    Kurt

4. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

Sure thing - happy to help.

5. Kurt Naeslund

Kurt Naeslund New Member

Hello again,

Still not completely finished with this one...I am flying in manual and trying to have it hover. When being at 50% it decends, just a little bit more, at 55%? gains height...seems to be very difficult to have it hover at all in manual.
    I pressume its the "Aircraft Dynamics" - "Height" - Hover throttle that should be adjusted, right?

I am a bit confused about all of this, because of the Hover throttle adjustment is within the "Height" section of the app, and its the manual height throttle that is "off"?

I guess I need some kind of detailed explanation :)

Regards,
    Kurt