/dist/images/branding/favicon

MOVI10 on Alta 6

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Kurt Naeslund, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Kurt Naeslund

Kurt Naeslund New Member

Hello everyone,

We where planning on trying our new setup today, but had issues with the Alta 6 started to spin on top of the gimbal.
    I tried to use the automatic setup in the MOVI-app just to see if that helped, and noticed that Stiffness-setting was at "1" after its run!
    That cannot be correct?

What is the "typical" settings when running a very light camera-setup on a MOVI10 on a Alta 6? We are using a GH4/12-35mm for this test-run.

Thanks for any feedback

Regards,
    Kurt
    Norway

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Kurt:

It will spin when the MoVI is resting on the ground (it's trying to stabilize the MoVi, but as it cannot spin, the ALTA spins instead) --see for example: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/best-way-to-fly-alta-6-as-single-operator.8020/ -- note the reference in Steve Maller's post to "airborne pan lock" in message #2.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Kurt Naeslund

Kurt Naeslund New Member

Hi there :)

Yeah, we figured out this I think.
    Now it's about figuring out our rather "agressive" Alta 6 and the missing Height and/or Position modes from my other thread.