/dist/images/branding/favicon

Agressive and w/o height and position

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Kurt Naeslund, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Kurt Naeslund

Kurt Naeslund New Member

Just finished our first run with our Alta 6 / MOVI10 combination! :)

I have a few major concerns that I have to check, and hopefully some here have some input:

1. It seems like the Alta is extremely responsive on throttle. It accellerates upwards VERY rapid, and also falls VERY fast. Its more or less hovering at 50% thrust, but there might be some adjustment needed to make it hover as well. But this very rapid incline and falling is a concern.
    I tried to adjust the Climb Rate Clamp as well, during flight, but this didnt seem to have that much impact.
    - what can be adjusted for this to be less dramatic in a way?

2. It doesnt hold height or positiion lock at all. Boot and monitor in app says ok on everything, but after take off and going from Manual til either Height or Position, didnt make any change whatsoever...the Alta is drifting away as it would be in manual.
    - This is a major concern as well of course.

3. We experienced a lot of shaking in the footage. We where using the teal dampners.
    We did fly with 2 x 9000mah (Tattu) batteries, the MOVI10 and a GH4 with a Tokina 11-16mm on board for these tests.

I would appreciate some advise on what to look for, and how to adjust accordingly, I am a newbie that wants to learn.

Thanks,
    Kurt
    Norway

2. Humberto Barchini

Hi Kurt... lets see... as you tell its seems that the Alta is not working on Alt hold mode... or the max and min configuration is not set right... check that it is not more than 3 m/s up and down.

I really think that you Alt hold GPS switch is not working or it is not configured... Do the alta came pre configured with the radio? have you check the Switch is ok in the alta app?

The clamp don´t work unless you are in GPS hold...

Maybe the shaking is because the movi10 is too big for GH4... try to add a weight to the camera... I use the GH4 with a movi 5 and I need to add weight... at least a 150 grams more...

3. Kurt Naeslund

Kurt Naeslund New Member

Hi Humberto,

Thanks for the input here! :)
    It seems to be very difficult to control in manual, and when switching to either Height or Position, it doesnt really change its behaviour...I need to struggle to control it, and as soon as I am below/above neutral position/middle position on the throttle, its decending or acending quite fast.
    This makes it very difficult to land for instance.

Yeah, I will test with a litle more weight on the MOVI10 :)

Regards,
    Kurt

4. Humberto Barchini

Kurt check in the alta APP that the switch is working... I think it is not

5. Kurt Naeslund

Kurt Naeslund New Member

Hmmm...yeah I will check it, even though I am pretty sure I did see motion in the app-mapping on the correct switch on my 14SG.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

You could also check the transmitter (which I presume is a Futaba 14SG) is emitting the correct signals -- it's the Servo Monitor screen (see Page 15 and 68 of the Futaba 14SG manual).

Certainly, as you and Humberto have observed it sounds like the ALTA is Open Loop mode and in neither Position or Altitude Hold.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Humberto Barchini likes this.
  7. Kurt Naeslund

Kurt Naeslund New Member

Hello!

Open loop means Manual mode, correct?

Regards,
    Kurt

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Kurt:
    Yes, sorry.... Open Loop is Manual Mode (there being no feedback loop operating to hold position/height). Sorry for the inadvertent geek speak. My bad!

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Humberto Barchini likes this.
  9. Kurt Naeslund

Kurt Naeslund New Member

He-He:) That's alright!

Thanks!