/dist/images/branding/favicon

FIZ accessories

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by SeBaStIaN BArrEtT, Nov 20, 2016.

1. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

Just wanted a thread hyper-focused on any news about remote Focus systems and all that. Please post any relevant info as you get it, as many of us are MoVI controller-less and excited for alternatives. . .

unrelated note, and i am sure others have had this thought, but what about a wired/wireless thumb-focus wheel you can plug directly into the PRO for solo operation? I know its not really a priority, but I would buy. . .

1A Alpha wheels work with MIMIC for amazing RCP FIZ control? 3rd-party handset for FF? Blah blah blah?
    All questions/answers encouraged!

2. Iva Vel

Iva Vel New Member

Redrockmicro are working on a thumb solution:

https://cvp.com/index.php?t=product/redrock_micro_62-152-0001

It will have control over all 3 axis' (focus, iris and zoom). They said full integration with curent MoVI lineup but I'm sure they'll make a cable that plugs into one of the COM ports at the back of the MoVI PRO

3. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

Awesome. One item checked off the list. Keep it coming!

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

#4 Graham Futerfas, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    SeBaStIaN BArrEtT likes this.
  5. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

Thanks for the info Graham...very interesting!

6. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

FIZ control for the movi pro without the movi controller . . . Check. Well, soon I hope. Thanks graham.

7. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

U think that thing is gonna be able to toggle between three different lens motors ? I guess I dunno y it wouldn't?

8. Rob Ruscher

Rob Ruscher Member

That is bad ass. This paired with the new Redrock motors would make a pretty awesome setup. Especially since those new motors have the power supply built in. Love how all these companies are having gimbal operators in mind... now just waiting for that magical shipping notification :)

Rob Weidner likes this.
  9. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

Hey graham. . . Confirmation that the 1a alpha wheels work with the pro!

10. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

I'm about to explode with how dope my new rig shall become. . .

11. Graham Futerfas

I'm sure the wheels work with the Pro, but do you know if it's still through Movi Controller only or through the Mimic? Once there's a Mimic interface, it will be very appealing. The new Mimic is pretty awesome.

12. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

Yea I asked, I'll let u know when they respond. They responded today, same day, so maybe by tonight. . .

13. Graham Futerfas

I'm sure if you get on their email list, they'll send out an announcement. They're really good about communicating new stuff.

14. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

Sounds like you know that it won't work already

15. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

From Boyd at 1A, who says movi controller, spektrum/futaba are ways to get wheels working with pro.

"The MōVI Controller is the best performance for a slew of really technical reasons. It can kind of be summed up as it was purpose built to control the MōVI where as a spektrum and futaba controller were purpose built to control an RC plane or helicopter.

The Alpha Wheels and MōVI Controller together actually digitally communicate absolute position to the thousandth of the degree to the MōVI in real time (using the mimic protocol). RC controllers send an analog signal that is just relative speed. So RC controllers tend to have a lot of lag and drifting.

The Mimic and MōVI controller have the same response time. It just feels faster because a joystick isn't a responsive method.

I should also add, we would like it to work with the Mimic. We would like it to work with everything, but that's not in our hands most of the time. It's up to the gimbal developers to provide their half of the integration in all their products.

Thankfully the same developers that do the MōVI Controller also do the new mimic, they have everything they need from us for integration, but as you can imagine, they are a little busy right now with fulfilling orders."

sean c mehen likes this.