/dist/images/branding/favicon

Adding DX7 control to M5

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by John Woike, Nov 14, 2016.

1. John Woike

John Woike New Member

New to the Freefly family. I recently purchased a lightly used Movi M5 that I hope to use both hand held and in the air. I have a Spektrum DX7 radio that I would like to use for second operator. I've read all the manuals and understand most of it but my issue lies in how to connect the satellite receiver to the Movi? The previous owner purchased and installed the WiFi adapter which is fine since I will be using an iPhone or iPad to control the unit but I'm not sure how I connect the Spektrum receiver. The port where you would normally plug in is already filled in with a cable that looks to be left dangling out for the receiver but not sure.

Do I still need to use the WiFi adapter with iOS or has Apple allowed the Bluetooth to recognize the Movi now? I've read that is why people had to purchase the WiFi adapter in the first place.

Much appreciated all.

John

IMG_0037.JPG

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Hey John you need to remove the cover with there are two screws each side of that wifi adaptor. Then you will see the cable connector for spektrum satellite receiver cable. PLug it in the cable and run the cable out through the same hole I made mine larger. be careful not to pinch the cable plug in your receiver and your good to go

3. John Woike

John Woike New Member

Thanks Jason, I'll give that a try today!