/dist/images/branding/favicon

M5 Ring with Pro feet?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Bryan Vaughan, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Bryan Vaughan

Bryan Vaughan New Member

Is there any reason why the existing ring accessory couldn't be used with the feet on the Pro to be able to set the M5 down?

We have two M5s and an M10 and the #1 complaint of our operators is not being able to put the rig down (we shoot real estate). We plan to buy at least one Pro but it's not feasible to replace 3 existing rigs.

Seems like a simple solution to just add the feet to the ring accessory.

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

doesnt seem that they sell them?

freefly care to comment?

3. The standard MoVI ring carbon tube diameter is 25mm. The MoVI Pro ring tube diameter is 30mm. This is why the Pro Ring 'feet' will not fit. In addition, the standard ring is smaller, so even if you could mount the pro feet on the standard ring, the feet would not be spread out far enough to ensure stability.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at support@freeflysystems.com

4. Fabio

Fabio New Member

How about buying the entire Movi Ring pro? I have an M10 and I was wondering if it will mount on the Movi Ring pro.
    I know on your website says "MōVI Ring Pro is compatible with ALL MōVI’s". Just making sure it works.

Thank you!!!!

5. Robbert van Weelderen

This would surely work.

6. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

The website is correct. Any MōVI with a Toad in the Hole is compatible with the new MōVI Ring Pro.

7. Ben Gibb

Ben Gibb New Member

Thinking about getting the Pro Ring to go with my M5. Wondering if there will be opportunities down the line to purchase just the MoVI Pro Gimbal in order to not own 2 rings?