/dist/images/branding/favicon

Pan won't work with Remote Spektrum

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Chris Jordan, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Chris Jordan

Chris Jordan Member

Oddest thing.. The pan won't work now with the Spektrum controller. We've reset everything to factory, and checked all settings. Any ideas?

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Chris. Can you connect to the Movi via the app? There you can check Monitor->Charts->Radio and see if it's getting signal to Pan when you push the pan stick.

Anecdotally, I've had this happen a few times. Once or twice, something was physically blocking the pan bar (slipped monitor mount), and then there was one time recently when it just wouldn't Pan. It would Tilt, but no Pan, and I had a bunch of people waiting on me to get the shot (which was a lock-off), so I threw it back in Majestic and forced the Movi where I needed it to point. Got the shot, went home for the day, set it up the next day and it was working fine. Don't know if it got hot or what. I couldn't replicate the problem. This wasn't with a Spektrum controller, but with PLC geared wheels using the Spektrum radio.

Maybe you already know this stuff, but I'll state some obvious possibilities: There is a control on the Spektrum that adjusts Pan Speed (is it the left stick?). Make sure this isn't pulled all the way down. Also, make sure your channel mapping (in the Movi App) for Pan and Pan Speed are correct and didn't get changed. Here's a chart:

https://freeflysystems.zendesk.com/...mapping-for-my-Futaba-or-Spektrum-controller-

3. Chris Jordan

Chris Jordan Member

Hey Graham: Yes connected to the app and see the radio responding on the chart, but no action. I do get tilt just fine. Everything is mapped correctly. It happens every time without fail (pun intended.)

The controller works fine with other gimbals on different model #'s. Lost.

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Well, you obviously know what you're doing and have tried the usual things. Contacting Freefly tech support is your next stop.

Only other thing I can think of is a loose cable connection. My Pan issue corrected the next day on its own, but I didn't really have a lot of time to trouble shoot. It just started working again when I didn't have any pressure on me for the Movi to work. I didn't think until later to check the charts or try a Mimic and see if the Movi Controller receiver was working instead of the Spektrum.

You look like a flyer from your profile, but I wonder if the pan motor works and responds in Majestic\Handheld mode. Is it holding tension and has power?

Good luck, Chris!

5. Chris Jordan

Chris Jordan Member

Thanks Graham! The pan works fine when in majestic mode. I actually haven't flown the M15 for a while. The last time I used the remote was before I sent the M15 in for a tune up, so I'm off to reach out to support. Cheers and thanks for your kind responses.

CJ