/dist/images/branding/favicon

M15 to MōVI Pro Upgrade Path?

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Ryan Grae, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Ryan Grae

Ryan Grae New Member

Just purchased the M15 about a week or two ago after a ronin failure, I knew the refresh was coming eventually but certainly didn't expect it this season. My question is this;

For anyone who recently purchased an M15, is there any upgrade path available to move into the MōVI Pro, or is the only option to sell privately and then make a new purchase?

I much rather just deal with freefly and upgrade directly, but if anyone is interested in a literally brand new used once M15 in box feel free to make an offer.

Attached Files:

lee seung kyu likes this.
  2. Ryan Hamelin

Ryan Hamelin Member

As with the eventual M10 to M15 upgrade program (too many different components resulting in simply a discounted M15 purchase for early adopters) I doubt that Freefly will offer any discount to existing users. The M10 to M15 upgrade also happened after a single year, so it was a case of a lot more people feeling like they hadn't gotten their money's worth out of their original purchase before it was replaced by a better and cheaper alternative.

If its been fewer than 30 days and you bought the M15 from Freefly directly or from an official supplier like AbelCine I'd look into returning the unit.

3. Ryan Grae

Ryan Grae New Member

Thanks Ryan, actually just got off the phone with B&H and they will be issuing a full refund, and it looks like I'll get to hold on to the M15 until the Pro arrives (fingers crossed) which is great because I've got someone on their way to pick up the ronin today.

Really looking forward to all of the built in power management, going to make life so much easier and worth the price difference to me.

4. Ryan Hamelin

Ryan Hamelin Member

Awesome! Always love happy endings. Nothing worse than buyers remorse when you're talking about pricey camera equipment.

5. Yuki Noguchi

Yuki Noguchi New Member

The upgrade path would be greatly appreciated if they can offer. I got my M15 few months ago, mimic beta last month. And BH will not take it back.

6. Greg Hughs

Greg Hughs New Member

I asked about an upgrade path, previous owner discount or anything and was informed that since this is an entirely new product, there is no upgrade path or discount for previous M15 owners.

7. Ruben Moreno

Ruben Moreno Member

No dog in this, but OP was just asking if there might be a path. . . . when that new car model is released, they definitely ask if you want to trade-in. Maybe he was asking for a hand-out tho, ill let him speak to that. I am curious too. Tabb alluded to a potential multi-mimic (1pan, 1 tilt, blah blah) setup in his facebook video. in which case this question is super relevant, until they release the new mimic (I honestly dont know what the differences are yet) for individual sale.

8. Ruben Moreno

Ruben Moreno Member

I bought a M15 that I recived in middel of september and six weeks later Freefly launched the new Movi Pro. I am very surprised, sad, furious, indignant, etc, etc.

I am a small company that can not assume this.They could had warned us that a new Movi it was coming!!. For me this situation is not acceptable.

All Companies inform about their new products a lot of months before (Apple, Gopro, DJI, etc) and all the people can choose if they want the new product or the existing product and tested, this is fair play.

I know that the tecnology change every time, but companies inform abut that change months before, giving to all the people the oportunity to choose about the new tecnology or the existing tecnology. Unfortunately, this it is not the case of Freefly in this moment. They should let to that who purchated a Movi 15 or Movi 10 any months ago (1-4), upgrade to Movi Pro if they want, because a lot of them would have chosen the Movi Pro, as in my case.

The Movi M15 that I bought, it is new, unused. I only used it to watch that all was OK and ran with a GH4. It is in the case since this.

9. Drazen Stader

Drazen Stader New Member

I am in the exact same situation as Ruben and I couldn't agree more with he's saying. Bought a movi m15 a month ago, a week later the movi pro gets announced. Would love to play fair and square and upgrade to movi pro.