/dist/images/branding/favicon

HIGH PITCHED WHINE

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Cameron Michael, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Cameron Michael

Any ideas? I have done a complete reset of my movi back to factory calibration and its still there.
    its not very loud, but it is constant.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Can you connect up to the MōVI with the configurator app and see if one of the motors is oscillating?

Andy.

Brett Harrison likes this.
  3. Dominic Eder-Smigura

Hello Cameron! Have you found a solution to the problem yet? My m10 has a high pitched whining noise as well.

Dominic

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I checked with FF: The high pitched whine is caused by the electronics of the gimbal control unit driving the gimbal motors. I'm not sure of the frequency at which the motors are being driven, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was at 400 Hz or better -- which is well within the range of human hearing.

So relax guys, the whining noise is either a political candidate in the US election campaign or quite normal. :rolleyes:

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Dominic Eder-Smigura likes this.