/dist/images/branding/favicon

Help Help wrong firmware (movicontroller firm)to movi m5

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by kjetil tønnesen, Oct 9, 2016.

1. kjetil tønnesen

i have done a big mistake when i should update to akira firmware, with a mistake a took the movicontroller firmware into move m5 ,and when i turn it on is is just dead, how to reset the movi m5,so i can land the right firmware into it???

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Does it not show up in the Bluetooth options anymore when you turn it on?

If not, you can use the little jumper cable to factory reset the Movi, then reload current firmware.

3. kjetil tønnesen

no it dont show up in the bluetooth option
    i dont think i have the little jumper cable,is this follow the movi when you buy it??

thanks a lot for info graham

4. kjetil tønnesen

Does this jumper cabel come with the movi m5 ?

5. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

My M15 came with it. The Knowledge base seems to say that it comes with the Movi, but maybe they stopped sending them? It's really small, so easy to miss. Just one connector with a rainbow of cables connected to itself.

kjetil tønnesen likes this.
  6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Kjetil:
    You might try contacting your dealer to see if they have a jumper cable. The most recent MoVI's do come with the jumper cable so, depending upon when you got yours you might have got one -- but as Graham says, is only about 3 cm by 1 cm so it's easy to miss (or misplace!).

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

7. kjetil tønnesen

thanks Andy
    i bought this early when it came out so i have order one no.-)
    sorry for the mail ,it will not happened again, but i was in a hurry:):-(.

8. The MoVI Jumper cable does not "Factory Reset" the MoVI. The jumper cable simply allows you to bypass the normal way of accessing the unit via Bluetooth, in order to install or update firmware if the unit becomes 'Bricked'.
    The reason we have many people 'Bricking' their MoVI's, is because there is an 'Urban Myth' that installing firmware should be used as a troubleshooting step, or how doing so somehow resets everything on the MoVI, and therefore "fixing" it. This is not true. Installing firmware SHOULD NOT be used as part of MoVI troubleshooting.
    In Kjetil's case, the wrong firmware was installed on the MoVI, which of course warrants the use of the 'Jumper' cable.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at support@freeflysystems.com

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Good points (as always) Chris.

The MoVI jumper, in geek terms, forces the MoVI controller into "bootloader mode" -- so the only thing the controller will do when you power it up with the jumper installed is expect a version of the firmware to be sent to it.

Andy.

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Chris Harrison likes this.