/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mimic Controller + Wi-Fi Controller?

Discussion in 'MIMIC' started by Paul Christopher Greene, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Paul Christopher Greene

Instructions for both do not reference the other...can both be connected simultaneously? How?

Thank you,

PCG

2. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

I do not believe so. The MōVI Controller cannot be connected at the same time as the wifi adapter.

Does the mimic controller use the 5-pin connection or the 3-pin connection?

3. Paul Christopher Greene

4. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

That is the same receptacle that the wifi module uses, therefore, you cannot plug in both simultaneously at this time. :(

5. Sam Windell

Sam Windell Member

Yeah just found out this hard truth today. Really annoying. Wish there was a workaround as I hate carrying around a tablet. One more thing to die on me.

6. Matt Beardsley

Yeah, finally updated the Firmware and got the slick new Alta-like app going. Some very cool new features I'd love to try out, but effectively no iOS support for Movi provided MIMIC is in play (and it is for us). Huge miss for Freefly still having no built-in iOS connect on Movi.

7. Mark Reedy

Mark Reedy New Member

I just received an M15 and it seems they're now delivering with wi-fi built in and no Bluetooth. Not sure if they offer an upgrade to your existing Bluetooth version so you don't need the external WiFi module now? Would solve your issue if they did.

Matt Beardsley likes this.
  8. Matt Beardsley

Interesting, will have to look into the potential upgrade. Especially with the new firmware, it's very useful to have access to the app, would be awesome if it worked with my iPhone or iPad, both of which work with Alta, Inspire, the Reds, the Osmo, etc. etc. I don't think I've added a new tool to the kit in the last year or two that didn't need to be connected to my phone in some way or another. Maybe a sandbag or two.

9. Mark Reedy

Mark Reedy New Member

Freefly is a great company. I just wish their documentation and announcements were better. I only found out it had WiFi because of how much trouble I had trying to connect to the non-existent Bluetooth haha. The dealer was actually going to sell me the WiFi Controller but didn't have any in stock. What a useless purchase that would have been!