/dist/images/branding/favicon

m10 is acting funny.. can i send in for inspection / repair?

Discussion in 'MōVI FAQ - Tips and Tricks' started by Albert Chang, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Albert Chang

Albert Chang Member

hi, we have this m10 and it's acting really funny... we have no idea what's going on... and we been working with this unit for awhile... still couldn't figure out...
    can we send it back fore inspection / repair?

please advise...

thanks

Albert

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Albert, you probably can send it in, but you'd need to send this request in an email to support@freeflysystems.com. They don't open support tickets via this forum.

When you say 'acting funny', what do you mean?

3. Albert Chang

Albert Chang Member

Graham,
    thanks for the info... i wrote to them already...
    it is my 2nd time this unit is acting funny. it will balance, but after 30 sec. it will stop working and all axis will have no function what so ever...
    checked power... all good... check the wires... all good... and check the setting... all normal..
    this becomes an issue... where we are on site and it keep on failing... seriously delay...

thanks for the info again...

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hmmm.. this sounds like a pretty serious problem. I've had the Movi cut out on me before, usually when I bump into it while I'm operating, but it will usually restart and work fine.

Do you still have three lights on the back when the Movi loses all function, or do they go out?

If you haven't heard back from Freefly yet, and I know it's the weekend here, so you may get a delayed response, here are a few things you could try to diagnose the problem if it's an emergency. Maybe you've already tried some of this stuff?

First, I'd look at the app while the problem occurs. Under Monitor, what happens to the Status information? What about the Motor charts? And in the Terminal screen? Is the Movi completely losing power, or maybe some other error is occurring?

Second, you could reinstall and\or update the Firmware. However, if the Movi keeps losing power, this could be dangerous, because you may have a bad connection somewhere in the power system, and losing power when you're updating Firmware could create more problems.

Good luck. Please let us know what happens and what the resolution is.

5. Albert Chang

Albert Chang Member

Graham, i have not hear back from Freefly and we had this unit from day 1 that M10 launched. at this point, it has fair share of usage and we just want to send in for a "maintenance"...
    i am hoping to hear something from Freefly this week so i can get this unit sent out...

albert