/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi M15 Bluetooth NOT WORKING

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Peter Barta, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Peter Barta

Peter Barta Member

Hi Guys,

I've had a brand new Movi M15 as a spare for a while but never fired it up and the Bluetooth is not working? Any ideas?

I've tried discovery even on my iPhone but nothing am I missing something?

Using Nexus 7 for connecting works with my other M15 and M5.

Cheers,

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Peter. Just to clarify, it doesn't show up under Settings --> Bluetooth of your Nexus?

3. Peter Barta

Peter Barta Member

All fixed thanks

4. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

How did you fix the problem i just got another M15 and my nexus or mac laptop don't see the blue tooth transmission from the M15

5. Peter Barta

Peter Barta Member

Hi Jose,

I fixed it by using my Mac laptop updating software and turning off all other Bluetooth. Once it connected to Mac laptop it then also connected to Nexus.

All the best
    Pete

6. Jose Luis Ocejo

Ok I turn off every bluetooth device except the M15 and a laptop nothing laptop does not see the bluetooth signal from the M15

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

That's very similar to the technique I described on the other thread relating to your issue, Jose. It's weird that you have to do this, but it seems as though the Bluetooth software is a bit "fragile." :(

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

8. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Jose, what software version are you running on your laptop? Is it current?

Maybe you can move your Movi to a different location and try? Wireless interference is very common, and maybe it's some interference you can't control?

9. Jose Luis Ocejo

Haha here is some thing new to you Andy and many new Movi users Chris at FF answer my ticket and guess what? the new M15 units have now Wifi built i, it was there all along but I just did not look for it because I was in the bluetooth world i connected it to wifi and it works perfect

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Just responded on the other thread, but thanks for the info re: new M15's and Wifi!

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert