/dist/images/branding/favicon

M10 Throwing a Fit in Majestic Mode

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by stephen hughes, Jun 6, 2016.

1. stephen hughes

stephen hughes New Member

Hi Guys,

So I've had my movi for around a year and never really changed much in the settings apart from balancing it correctly, at the weekend there i wanted to put it into majestic mode but it was having a proper shit fit. I couldn't get it to work correctly so ended up changing it back to the original mode it was on. I updated the firmware recently to akira(I think) but don't think that should have done anything to it. Would be ideal to fix in the UK as sending to america is gonna cost a fortune.

What should I be looking at first, and I was using a Nikon D750 and 14-24 on it if that makes any difference.

Thanks again

Stephen

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Stephen, were you using it as an aerial gimbal before trying it in handheld? Did you change the setting from Aerial to Handheld? That might cause some ruckus.

Did you run an AutoTune? What were your Motor Stiffness settings?

Also, what's your Heading Assist set to? Fixed Mount? Compass? GPS? Usually I go with None as this setting in handheld.

And finally, what are your Majestic mode settings for Pan\Tilt Smoothing and Window?

3. stephen hughes

Hi Graham,

I was using the gimbal handheld, no I never used auto tune just tuned it in the app on my Macbook.

I have no ideal, my movi is in my workshop currently, let me collect it tomorrow and bring it home and get all the data you have asked me for.
    Hopefully its a simple fix as I'd love to start using it more, Ive just kinda been put off with not really understanding it and left it.

Thanks

Stephen

4. stephen hughes

I've just gotten back after being away this summer so i'm gonna get the dust off the movi and get the settings asked above to hopefully get it back up and running again.

5. stephen hughes

Thanks to Graham, seem to have got it fixed.

Graham Futerfas likes this.