/dist/images/branding/favicon

TERO/360 Mount

Discussion in 'Freefly Tero' started by Terry Isaak, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Terry Isaak

Terry Isaak New Member

Has anyone successfully mounted a 360 camera to their TERO? I would like on to be mounted at 5' above ground. I am concerned with roll over, inverted pendulum effect, starting and stopping.

Does anyone know a custom plate manufacturer that could fabricate a plate to be mounted to the underside of the chassis?

2. Philip Lima

Philip Lima Member

I have done this, but I did not run the Tero anywhere near full speed. I used it for a slower paced shoot where the tero just had to pace a few people walking. I simple attached a monopod to the anti-vibration plate and then attached our 10 camera GoPro rig to the other end. The camera rig ended up being just over 5ft off the ground and once I was moving I had no problems with pendulum effects, it was actually pretty smooth.

3. Joey Khan

Joey Khan New Member

Hi there, not a Tero owner (yet), can you mount pretty much anything to the anti-vibration plate you've mentioned? Like a tripod head for example? Also interested in doing the monopod. I know things other than the Movi aren't supported by Freefly as being mountable, just curious as to what else is physically possible.

Thanks,
    Joey

4. Leo Bund

Leo Bund New Member

Hi There
    yep we've successfully done, we use the 8 camera set up on the Tero alot and it works a treat. Its not just bolting it to the cheese plate, you need to stabilize the rig too.

5. Arthur Vieira

Arthur Vieira Flight Squad

Not a Tero and a little old photo... with a 6 camera head, now we use a 7 camera head, but the setup is almost the same. Just strap a monopod to the cheese plate with some downforce so it doesn't move a lot. Quick and efficient for a setup in a hurry.
    Don't forget a FPV system to drive a car from a remote location or you will be in the footage :D.
    Good Luck!

Attached Files:

Arran Alps and Humberto Barchini like this.
  6. Kevin Binnemans

Kevin Binnemans New Member

I want to make this with the M15

Attached Files: