/dist/images/branding/favicon

SOLVED - "Failed to update firmware! If device supports WIFI and bluetooth

Discussion in 'Software Solutions' started by nothing movi, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Veve Borimov

Veve Borimov Member

Hi all,

Had the same issue with a customer's M10 today. Same failed upgrade message.

He did it with a jumper cable on his mac (MoVI App v1.8 and OSX El Captain 10.11.6)

It didn't work.

We tried with a new jumper cable on an android tablet and it resolved it fine!

Try a different jumper cable as I believe this may be the key to making it work rather than the android device. If no success with either, then contact freefly support.

There is a good reason they don't share the solution with everyone on the forum. I needed to fix a bircked MoVI before the jumper cable came out and they sorted it out via email. Trust them and get in touch with them asap if a new jumper cable/ connecting device doesn't fix it for you

2. Dave Halton

Dave Halton Member

Hi Veve
    I have not yet tried the jumper as I have only just arrived home. I did try doing it with out the jumper as I did not have one. I have since tried it on iMac rather than the MBP but still no joy. I have also tried it in bootcamp on windows but the installer just keeps throwing up a message "Configurator already installed" which it aint but I don't know windows at all and only use it out of necessity!
    When I have time I ail have to follow the instructions sent out by FF.

3. nothing movi

nothing movi Member

Let me know what Freefly tell you guys!

4. Dave Halton

Dave Halton Member

Aye Up Yuri
    Its top secret ;-)
    Sorry for the agitated rants last week.. it was doing my flaming head in and I still don't understand why its so difficult to upgrade FW.

5. nothing movi

nothing movi Member

Did it work with their instructions ?

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Veve: For the jumper cable that failed, can you test it? It should just short together pins 1 and 5. It forces the gimbal controller to go into "bootstrap" mode so that it will accept a firmware upgrade.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

7. Veve Borimov

Veve Borimov Member

Sorry Andy but I threw it away.

I'm not 100% sure it was the jumper cable since it may have been the switch of device that helped (using Android tablet instead of OSX system).

That's why I'd personally recommend trying on whichever device you use first with jumper cable (windows, iOS, OSX or android). If it doesn't work, try same jumper cable with different device. If that doesn't help, then try with different jumper cable.

The jumper cable instructions can be found here:
    https://freeflysystems.zendesk.com/...-do-I-use-my-jumper-cable-to-recover-my-MōVI-

8. Veve Borimov

Veve Borimov Member

Hey Dave,

Any luck? Did you manage to get a new jumper cable? Did you manage to get your hands on an Android device?

Let us know!

9. Dave Halton

Dave Halton Member

Hi Everyone. I have only just got round to carrying out the procedure with the jumper cable. Everything worked ok. I now have latest firmware. I wonder if it would not upgrade because I have the WiFi adaptor pugged in to where the number cable goes.

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Dave:
    Glad to hear you got it sorted. I'm not sure whether the Wifi adapter being plugged in would have confused the electronics. Next time I upgrade, I'll try to remember to do that as an experiment.

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert