/dist/images/branding/favicon

Lightbridge 2 on Alta????

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Andy Habin, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Andy Habin

Andy Habin New Member

Right, here's an odd one for you all,

My Alta 6 / Movi M5 set up is scuppered by the useless Connex HD downlink I have. I have tried many differing tweaks and set ups and can never get any more range than about 350 meters max.

So, given this, and that this is the achilles heel of the whole system. I can fly further for sure, but there would be no point as I can't see what the Sony is seeing.

So I phoned a Quadcopters UK and they suggested perhaps fitting it with the DJI Lightbridge 2 system.
    The Lightbridge would control the drone and send the HD video signal, thus doing away with my Futaba 14SG.

This sound a bit out there for me to go and spend a lot of money of a potentially radical and weird system.

In the mean time, I am going to lower the Tx power of the current 600mW FPV which I suspect may be interfering with the Connex HD. I'll try a 200mW Tx, and upgrade the antennas on the Connex ground unit.

I'm not looking to fly miles and miles, but it would be good for the whole system to function well at 500 meters or more. This is a big investment in my photography business, and the fact that I can only fly and shoot up to about 300 meters is driving me crazy, especially when I see a DJI Phantom go for miles!!

Thanks in advance kind people!

Andy.

#1 Andy Habin, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  2. Humberto Barchini

Hi Andy... I´m using my connex for about 8 month now with the alta 6, with 600 mw 5,8 FPV TX with great results... and now the Alta 8 with the same great result, the greater distance that I need to fly till now was 800 meters, and I think that is approaching the limit of the Futaba...
    I think that the LB2 its not going to work... because between the MOVI and de ALTA the LB2 need a connection to transmit video and control de alta... and the other problem is that Im almost 100% sure that the synapse and LB2 are not compatible...

try to change channels in your FPV systems maybe it is close to the Connex frequency

just curious, are you using the 5,8 RX that Freefly sends with de Alta?

Cheers...!!!

3. Andy Habin

Andy Habin New Member

Hi Humberto,

I'm using a different fpv Tx. It was fitted by the dealer that supplied the Alta. It's good to know that you are getting these results. I'm sure once I've got through these teething problems I'll get some good range. 800 meters would be a dream!! I have tried many different frequencies on the fpv Tx. I will try a different unit and see what happens. I must say, I am powering up the Alta before the Connex so it can find the best frequency.

I'll keep you posted with my findings.

Kind regards,

Andy.

Humberto Barchini likes this.