/dist/images/branding/favicon

no live telemetry from Futaba T14SG

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Devin Card, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Devin Card

Devin Card Member

Having problems getting lipo voltage from alta 8 on the futaba monitor, the reciever volatage is coming through...thoughts?
    Devin

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Devin:
    Can you provide more details about how you have the receiver connected up? Perhaps an image or two? Are you using one receiver or two and where are the receiver(s) mounted?

Thanks
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Devin Card likes this.
  3. Devin Card

Devin Card Member

Hi Andy,
    Thanks for your help :)
    We received this system from Freefly with 2 receivers installed. The second is put in the telemetry bay between booms 2 & 3. I have 1 6s battery connected. IMG_4936.JPG y port between 2& 3
    IMG_4933.JPG IMG_4934.JPG IMG_4933.JPG

Attached Files:

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I infer that this is on an ALTA 8, right?
    The primary radio should go in between booms 2 & 3 (see page 37 of the ALTA 8 manual)-- but from what you said, you've got the secondary radio there?
    If that's the case, then that's the problem. EDIT: ONLY THE PRIMARY RADIO DOES BATTERY TELEMETRY>
    You may want to delete the bindings with the Futaba 14SG and repeat the binding procedure. Check this page out: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/rather-good-guide®-to-installing-and-configuring-the-futaba-radio-on-the-alta-6-and-8.7821/

Hope that helps.
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Devin Card

Devin Card Member

Sorry my bad, you are correct that is the primary is plugged in with red and black wires to it. And yes its alta 8. On my telemetry screen I have this, is correct to have EXT-VOLT Receiver on the bottom or do I need something else?
    I did this to set it up:
    1. Power on the transmitter
    2. Click the Home button to go the telemetry screen
    3. Scroll to the second data section to RECEIVER and click
    4. Scroll to the sensor line, click and scroll/change to
    EXT-VOLT.
    5. Click the Home button and now you should Rx voltage in the top and
    Flight Battery Voltage in the bottom.
    That gets the voltage reporting turned on. To adjust and hear the 'voice'
    1. Double click the LNK button
    2. Scroll to Telemetry and select (RTN)
    3. Scroll to Ext and select (RTN)
    4. Scroll and set
    Alert - ACT
    Threshold - whatever I use 22.2 which corresponds to the same warning volts on Alta
    Vibes - Type 1 - 4 so it also vibrates
    Next page
    5. Speech - ACT and then unless you want it doing it over and over again assign a switch to it. I use SH which is the long momentary switch on the top bottom right side. Pick the switch and then highlight and click "ON/OFF". Select 'OFF'
    Home button to get out.
    Voltage drops below 22.2 it tells you. Use the SH switch it tells you. Other settings can set it up to repeat after xx seconds if you want it constantly reminding you.
    Let me know if this all works :)
    IMG_4937.JPG

6. Devin Card

Devin Card Member

Andy, followed your rather good guide to rebind just the primary receiver and had no luck, the weird thing is this system came right from Freefly already bound and set up so confused on how they shipped it without telemetry data working :(

Edit!!! So went for lunch, came back and plugged everything and all of a sudden Voltage worked....:) no idea how are why......didnt change anythign for the last 2 hours hahhaa exept for changing which ec5 iwas connected to.
    Thanks for all your help Andy, you are amazing for being here on the forum and helping out all us poor twisted pilots

#6 Devin Card, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Devin:
    The reason that it started working is that you had lunch. :rolleyes:
    Sorry...I forgot to mention that that is what you should have done.

Andy