/dist/images/branding/favicon

M10 won't top-mount?

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Jack Wrangham, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Jack Wrangham

Jack Wrangham Member

Was just having a look through the Alta posts in the freefly knowledge base and noticed it says you can only mount the M5 and M15 on top, not the M10... Which is annoying, anyone know why?

2. Hi Jack - The pan tube is keyed (notched) on the M5 which would prevent it from slipping when mounted inverted. The M15 has dual pan tubes which provide it with the same stability when mounted inverted. The M10 has a round pan tube that has the potential to slip when mounted inverted under a heavy load in certain situations.

3. Rolf Ableiter

Rolf Ableiter Active Member

WHAAAATTTT?????

so please give us an update for the M10 - this is the main reason why i ordered the ALTA.

No good news.

4. Aj White

Aj White Member

Hah, join the club! The update for the m10 IS the m15... I have been bugging them for a year now to send in my m10 for some hardware upgrades but nope. I feel especially irked because I paid almost $7k more for mine. Surely that can cover a few CF tubes? :)

5. Rolf Ableiter

it could be funny: a small note at a place somewhere on the website...
    that reminds me of the vogone captain, destroying Earth in "hichthikers guide": "There's no point in acting all surprised about it. All the planning charts and demolition orders have been on display at your local planning department in Alpha Centauri for fifty years of your Earth years so you've had plenty of time to lodge any formal complaints and its far too late to start making a fuss about it now"

i also paid the higher price for my M10. I can understand that freefly had to answer dji when they released their ronin.
    But freefly should answer with a great support and upgrade policy because THIS is what you won't get from dji.
    and this is something i am willing to pay a much higher price.
    freefly: i am sure dji will release a copter with topmount in the very near future. and may the price will be 2500$ or less...
    will i loose another thousands of dollars (on Euro in my case)?

6. Andrew Hewson

Andrew Hewson Member

So when is the update going to be released? There was already the cage upgrade. How many upgrades are there going to need to be for those or were the first to buy just to be able to use it?

7. Aj White

Aj White Member

The word is there will be absolutely no update. Save up for the m15.

8. Rolf Ableiter

no update - yes.

the M10 is perfect as a gimbal system. it is the lightest gimbal on the market for bigger cams (when used without cage update) and therefore perfect for a flying platform.
    with an update in pan and cage it will be as heavy as the M15. If freefly would update the M10 with dual pan then they could also stop selling the M10.
    This might be okay for freefly and their policy but is frustrating for us early adaptors who paid a big price for the M10 and helped freefly to be what they are now...

9. Blue Sky Aerials LLC

I love my M10 but I was one of those who paid top dollar. I'm still trying to get the bad taste out of my mouth. I was told there would be an upgrade to the M15 when I bought mine in 2013. Oh well live and learn. I still use my M10 and it works great. I'm waiting for the price to drop on the Alta.