/dist/images/branding/favicon

Charging Batteries Issue

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Ben McLeod, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Ben McLeod

Ben McLeod New Member

Got my M5 yesterday so I am just a day into learning about it, still very new to Freefly products. I got it fired up and camera mounted and played around for awhile and worked great and now both batteries need charging. So when I plug either one in only the green light blinks. Switched on LiPo and 1A since it's the smaller M5 battery. I even left it over night to charge and it's still dead. what am I doing wrong?

Attached Files:

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Ben, I don't have it with me but one thing to check is the orientation of the white molex connector. The connection is keyed. I don't remember if the red is to the top or bottom but the two 'keys' that are on the connector have slots in the charger. Easy to put it in wrong.

If that's not it then the charger may be bad. Switch should be 3A. Check the M5 manual Page O1-P3.

3. Mark Paden

Mark Paden New Member

I'm having the same problem. I just got several brand new batteries and a brand new charger, and they're all doing the same thing. I had used two of the batteries already, but then I tried one that hadn't even been opened yet, and the same green light keeps blinking and it isn't charging it at all.

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Open a ticket with Freefly support. Might be a defective charger.

5. Mark Paden

Mark Paden New Member

Okay, I found out what the issue was. There are two cables that the battery has that must be plugged into the charger rather then just the one that plugs into the M10. Battery and charger are perfectly fine.