/dist/images/branding/favicon

Problem bind of the mimic

Discussion in 'MIMIC' started by Riccardo Besantini, May 29, 2016.

1. Riccardo Besantini

Riccardo Besantini New Member

Hello!
    I have a Mimic bind problem. In fact the Mc-rx from the Movi15 and the mimic Transmitter have the same quick flashing green light, also after done the bind the two light did the same flasching. Is like that they are on the same frequency.
    If some one know how to reset everything and to restart all,

thank you very much.

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Riccardo, I recommend contacting Support@FreeflySystems.com, and I'm sure they can help you.

In the meantime, you need to make sure you're on the correct version of Firmware on *both* the Movi and the Mimic, as well as the App. Which versions are you using?

If you're using the new 5.0 Movi firmware, you need to have updated your Mimic to version 1.4, too. Or conversely, if you're using the Stable Firmware, version 4.2 on your Movi, then you need to be on Mimic version 1.3.

http://freeflysystems.com/software-manuals/beta/software-by-product

It can be a bit confusing on how to update the Mimic firmware, or to see which version it's running. On your tablet, go under 'Settings', then go to 'Bluetooth', and then you need to 'Add Bluetooth Device' with the Mimic powered on. Then you can go into the Movi App and see it there, by switching between your Movi and your Mimic, by choosing which device you want to connect with.

Also, make sure you're on the 'Movi Controller' Radio Type setting.

I find the Mimic needs to be started up while completely still for 10-15 seconds. Usually I have to lay it on the ground and plug it in gently. Otherwise, you can get it to partially work (Tilt, but no Pan, for instance). Make sure you're plugging in the battery while the Mimic is motionless for at least 10 seconds, until well after the Movi responds to its orientation. This is because, like the Movi, it take a few seconds to boot up and initialize its settings.

If you need to Reset your device, this is an option with the old Legacy version of the App, but I can't seem to find it on the new Beta one. If you'll use the Legacy app (version 1.810), go under Settings, you should find a Reset button and a Restore Factory Default button. My Movi's in its case right now, so I can't easily confirm those are the names of the buttons, but it's something like that.

Again, I'd recommend contacting Freefly Support via email with your problem, and they're usually very quick to respond. But those are important things you can check and my general Mimic troubleshooting advice.

3. Guillaume MARION

Got the same problem!!! totally impossible to bind this MIMIC to M15 for couple of hours!

4. Furkan BASER

Furkan BASER New Member

I got the same problem since 4 days also trying to so much solve method but no reason from me, I contacted Zendesk, but Chris didn't help much as ı expected:/ I really wonder what is the cause of this problem? And do you really have reaching the solution? and finally, did anyone see that slow-burning orange light? :)