/dist/images/branding/favicon

ALTA Telemetry

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Stefan Helborg, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Stefan Helborg

Hi

I have mounted two TX on my ALTA, so I can monitor the current of Futaba (telemetry). Sometimes the numbers disappears, so it just say 0.00 volts. Shortly after figures reappear back again.

I have constant control over my drone via my Futaba, so the connection is not lost to the primary TX ...

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

2. Benjamin Roth

Benjamin Roth New Member

Hi Stefan,

yes we were experiencing the same thing. There is only one voltage feed available, so depending on which radio receiver has the better connection you'll see the telemetry from the one that is connected or the 0,00 Volts from the one that is not.
    Cheers, Ben

3. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Yes me too. I have posted about this as well and really don't have a resolution to the issue. I have been relying on FPV to see the telemetry. This should not be an issue with the expensive Futuba.

4. Stefan Helborg

Oh thanks. That makes sence :)

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I had that happen to me and what I did was to unbind both transmitters and bind them in the exact order suggested in the documentation. I think the problem you're having is that perhaps both the receivers are sending telemetry and, as only one has the actual voltage sensor connected, sometimes you get the correct voltage and sometime zero point zero.

I admit to being a self-promoter here, but check out the instructions here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/rather-good-guideĀ®-to-installing-and-configuring-the-futaba-radio-on-the-alta-6-and-8.7821/

They tell you how to "link" the receivers for the Futaba 14SG.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitā„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert