/dist/images/branding/favicon

Crash Alta

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by ANTONIO SIMOES, Apr 26, 2016.

1. ANTONIO SIMOES

ANTONIO SIMOES New Member

Hello friends of flight!
    Anyone know where I can buy a piece of this in Europe?

Attached Files:

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Ouch.
    I'd send an email to Freefly Support <support@freeflysystems.com>.

3. Sam

Sam New Member

OH My God !

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Sam, welcome to the forum.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/

Thanks

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Luobu Gerong

Luobu Gerong New Member

Hi,

Days ago, our Alta 6 unit crashed.

Before telling how the incident occurred, I would like to let you know what I had done before flying the unit. I read the Alta manual. I wrote emails to Freefly Support to ask related info. I searched related info on the Forum. I watched video tutorials available. I tuned the Futaba 14 SG to Alta 6 by following the instructions from the manual and video tuts. Everything looked good on the surface. Once the unit took off, it was flying as crazy as a drunken bird and finally crashed due to shortage of power.

When it took off, the climbing speed was so high that shocked us a great deal. In a few second, it climbed so high that we thought we were going to loss it into the sky. We were trying to call it back, but the communication between the unit and Futaba 14 SG went crazy. When I pushed the joystick down, it climbed up. So I pushed it up, hoping it would bring it down, it just would not descend at all. It seemed that the unit just did not want to listen to the radio controller at all. So I had no choice but to turn off the radio controller hoping the unit would automatically preform RTH, which did not happen. After turning off the radio controller, it did fly back towards the direction where we were and descended a bit. But it stopped there. After repeating what I described above for a few times, the flight pack ran out of power. The unit crashed.

I think I did not tune the two devices correctly in the first place. Anyone can tell me what I did wrong and share insight. I appreciate that.

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Luobu sorry for your incident. Can you upload the flight log from the data card? That would be the first step to do some analysis.

#6 Gary Haynes, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Luobo: This is a troubling incident. In addition to posting the log file from the ALTA 6 unit (it's on the microSD in the unit with the GPS antenna), can you confirm several things please:

1. Did you purchase the Futaba 14SG from Freefly as part of the ALTA 6 purchase?

2. Can you write your current Futaba 14SG model file to the microSD card and post it on the forum please -- then we can double check the model file for you. If you are not sure how to do this, please download the Rather Good Guide® that I wrote from http://forum.freeflysystems.com/ind...ng-the-futaba-radio-on-the-alta-6-and-8.7821/

Thanks
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

8. Luobu Gerong

Luobu Gerong New Member

Andy,

I was trying to upload the log file from the ALTA 6 unit to the forum, but an error occurred, which was saying that the file was too big. Please kindly see the attached screen shot. Please tell me how to successfully post the log file.

I did not buy the Futaba 14SG from Freefly as part of the ALTA 6 purchase. I bought it in China. Would there be a great difference between them? Must I buy the Futaba 14SG from Freefly to make the unit work?

I was trying to download the tutorial, but did not get it. Instead, I got the attached named as rgg1500.pdf. Could you send the PDF directly?

Thanks,

Luobu

Attached Files:

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Luobo:
    The best way to deal with the log file is to use something like a Dropbox account and post the link to the file.
    The RGG file is indeed emailed to you. The server log files show it was sent at 2016-06-18 22:15 PST.
    It sometimes takes a few minutes -- perhaps several minutes given you are in .cn land! :)

Let me know if you did not get it, though and I will also use Dropbox and email you a link.

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™