/dist/images/branding/favicon

How to modify original M10 stand?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Fritz Mueller, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Fritz Mueller

Fritz Mueller New Member

Hi,

We have an early M10 Movi and it came with a very nice folding aluminum stand, photo attached. We've since added a toad in the hole to our M10 so it more easily integrates with our M15 setup. So we no longer use the original stand as its too short for our modified M10.

Has anyone modified the original stand so it is just a bit taller to fit the M10 with toad in the hole? What kind of glue holds the main aluminum upright in place? Epoxy or heat glue? Could the glue be loosened with heat? Or has anyone just cut the upright tube and inserted some kind of extension? Outer dimensions of the upright aluminum tube is 1.5 inch. Local metal shop said they could weld an aluminum tube insert for about $100. Other ideas for fixing the stand?

The original stand was very well built so it's sort of a shame to have it collecting dust just because it is an inch or so too short. Thanks for any tips or suggestions for modifying the stand.

Cheers Fritz

Attached Files:

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Cant you just find the same diameter tubing and add a longer bit??

I just had look at my m5 one looks like if i undid the screws the top and bottom would come off easily

3. Fritz Mueller

Fritz Mueller New Member

Unfortunately the stand that was shipped in 2013 with the first MoVI M10s was glued so not an option to just unscrew the top and bottom. So I either have to figure out how to unglue the vertical aluminum tubing or how to cleanly cut it off to replace with a longer tube...

4. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

how about a pvc connector?

just throwing ideas out here