/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI M10 Or Ronin MX?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Carey Lee Coffey, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Carey Lee Coffey

The special price on the M10 is $5, 000 right now.

The Ronin MX is $1, 500

I LOVE the MoVI. But the Ronin MX is VERY tempting.

The Ronin can power my Red camera, works with iOS and comes with a remote controller.

Ronin is also sponsored by Red. I figure if it's good enough for Red, then it's good enough for the indie film I'm shooting with my Red.

Plus, if I go with the Ronin MX, I will have more money for my budget.

$5k for an M10 is an incredible deal though.

Thoughts?

2. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Carey,

Since this is a Freefly Forum, I don't think you will get a unbiased opinion on this matter and it would be wrong to discuss DJI products. What I can say is, when the original Ronin was released, it pushed Freefly to cut down the prices. When Ronin MX will be on the market, lots of aerial cinematographers will give it a try. I am an aerial guy and Ronin / Ronin-M was not an option for me as their horizon hold performance was not good and they were too heavy.

Ronin MX is for sure cleverly thought gimbal. But this gimbal is primarily built for for aerials. If you are just using it for hand held, no need for Ronin MX.

Personally my investment was with M10/M15 and I am happy using them for both handheld and aerial use. (Except the pan hold performance for aerial shootings). Even though, for aerials I think M10 is still the best option out there.

Handheld performance wise, you would get similar result with both gimbals; but the differences come to play in topics such as support, flexibility, expandibility, user friendliness, iOS / android support etc and of course the budget. I know this is a very political paragraph but I'm sure you will understand what I mean :)

3. Carey Lee Coffey

Thank you for your response.

The Ronin MX is better than the Ronin M, according to their website... stronger, quieter motors etc..

From their website:

4. Is the Ronin-MX’s stabilization more accurate and higher-performing than the Ronin and Ronin-M?

Yes. The Ronin-MX is able to handle high G-force environments and changes in acceleration and deceleration speeds (i.e. car racing) to create stable footage with preserved horizon. When flying, the Ronin-MX communicates directly with the DJI A3 Flight Controller and reacts immediately to the pilot’s inputs, so that it is always in sync with the platform’s movements. Furthermore, the motors of the Ronin-MX are stronger than on the Ronin and Ronin-M, making it more powerful and at the same time, reduces noise when filming

4. Carey Lee Coffey

I'm a long time MoVI lover and advocate, but for budgetary reasons, since I'm financing this next film myself, It makes more sense to go with the Ronin MX.