/dist/images/branding/favicon

Custom Case for Movi M5 & Landing gear

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Andy Habin, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Andy Habin

Andy Habin New Member

Morning all,

Sorry if I have put this post in the wrong area, but I thought it would only be Alta owners that have this need.

Dose anyone have any ideas on where to source a custom pelican case to fit the Movi M5 attached to the Alta landing gear? It is a pain to transport as it is, and as you can imagine, I'd like to leave it set up and balanced with a camera installed so I can lift it out of the case and attach to Alta.

Thanks in advance,

Andy.

2. Martin Osborne

I use a Peli Storm Case iM3075. I think there's only one other pelicase that is tall enough but can't remember the model number.
    I can fit the Movi with or without legs (and camera if needed), Movi stand, Handlebars, Mimic with Handlebars, Futaba 14SG, Spectrum DX7s, FPV monitor, Connex graoundstation, Shogun monitor with sunhood attached, Android tablet, hex drivers.

Attached Files:

3. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

hey martin do you use the leg extenders?

4. Martin Osborne

What are leg extenders? The newer aero landing gear? I just have the standard landing gear.
    This box is only just tall enough. I had to gouge out a bit of the lid foam to fit the TITH. It does keep it nice and secure when the legs aren't attached. The only other box that is tall enough (Pelicase 0370) isn't very wide and I don't think you would fit in any of the other bits down the sides.

5. Martin Osborne

This is an M5 btw. I think the handle bars on the M10 are longer? So might not fit in this case in the same way. I also don't know if the legs are different lengths for the M5 M10 and M15.

6. Jason Smoker

7. Martin Osborne

ooo... I think I want that! how long are they? Could be a problem in the box alright.

8. Jason Smoker

they give you an extra 50cm of the ground. They just screw into the bottom of the legs that what those holes are for!!:)

Yes it would be a problem for you box seeing you already had to cut foam out already.

9. Martin Osborne

Turns out that I had these extensions all along. I just had no idea what they were until now :)
    With just a little more cutting into the foam I was able to make it fit in the box :)

Jason Smoker likes this.