/dist/images/branding/favicon

MOVI M5 and DJI Phantom 2 remote control working

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Florian Martin, May 18, 2016.

1. Florian Martin

Florian Martin New Member

Hi there.

I was suprised to not find more match on forum and web to this. So i tried my self. It Works.

Ofcourse you have to dig in your dji phantom but nothing too much complicated and nothing that cannot be reversed.

Basically, you exctract the dji receiver ( 2 screws ) by unplugging X1 and X2, and plug X2 to MOVI M5 SBUS. ( X1 is maybe the slave remote part, don't know, no use for us here ). Think about marking your cables before mixing them and getting confused.

Check pictures for config details. Don't forget to set tilt limit. Your remote cannot see if your M5 will hurt something while moving. Set your tilt mode to smooth lock or it will always fight back your commands and go back to horizontal.

It is probably not a full Spectrum replacement but does the trick for what i need : pan, tilt, pan rate, tilt rate, remote mode, and even roll. ( but for now, roll control is more an horizon adjustment rather than a real "camera bank" control )
    The remote mode is linked to the top left knob :
    -switch up = remote operator mode
    -switch middle = majestic mode = remote off
    -switch bottom = kill mode = MOVI on but motors off. For emergency or perfect for a safe toad in the hole quick switch.

Except if any expert would advise me to not do that ( risking damaging anything, but i can't see how, it's just S-BUS after all ) i will stick to that config.

Note : DJI phantom reveiver can obviously be found on the web for ~ 50$. Just assure to have the receiver corresponding to your remote.

Thanks for feedback.
    See you.
    ;)

Attached Files:

#1 Florian Martin, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

3. Florian Martin

Florian Martin New Member

*remote mode part edited*

4. Fabien Deregel

Hi,
    you should not have a ny troubles : the Phantom reciever is sending out Sbus frames( DJI names it Dbus but it's exactly the same).. Power supply is also the same as a standard receiver. So here you go :)
    Best regards,
    Fabien